Wallet online order from Hermes.com or boutiques?

Hello PF! I'm a newbie to Hermes and need help from experts here!

I've been wanting to visit Hermes stores to see leather types and colors, but I live far from major cities so I had planned to visit the store during my big trip last month.. which got cancelled because of crazy situation.

Anyways, I wanted to purchase a long wallet-- either Azap or Silk'in long wallet in Etoupe/Taupe/Etain/Gris Tourtelle shades of color. My friends say Kelly looks better but I'm not sure if I'll like the closure because I'm quite clumsy and need to carry two phones inside the wallet (Yes I like carrying wallet only, so need to put phones inside the wallet haha)

1) What's your opinion and suggestion on Hermes wallets (Azap/Silk'in/Kelly/etc)? Would you suggest wallets from other brands (like Chanel, LV, YSL, Celine, etc..)?

2) Also, has anyone ordered from Hermes.com or customer service? How are your experience? Was it pleasant, or should I wait until I can visit the physical stores?

Thanks for reading!

Not recommended.

You might be met with visible discomfort when you explain your needs and the desire to test out capacity. There is a difference between being able to fit two cell phones and the appropriateness of fitting two cell phones. That is a lot of stress on the zipper or closure. I can verify that my passport and iPhone 11 Pro (with a case) can fit inside the Kelly wallet, but only within an inch of its life. There was a lot of strain on the closure, and the wallet looked like it was screaming.

2 wallets and 2 phones in your hands? Sounds like you'll need something else. Shopping at H can be fun and dangerous..lol I'd wait and go in person.

Not recommended.

You might be met with visible discomfort when you explain your needs and the desire to test out capacity. There is a difference between being able to fit two cell phones and the appropriateness of fitting two cell phones. That is a lot of stress on the zipper or closure. I can verify that my passport and iPhone 11 Pro (with a case) can fit inside the Kelly wallet, but only within an inch of its life. There was a lot of strain on the closure, and the wallet looked like it was screaming.

Thanks for the feedback! I had LV wallet with a stud closing a looong time ago (~17 years) and it remember fitting tons of things in it, so thought I could do similar with Hermes haha. Do you recommend the long wallet though?

2 wallets and 2 phones in your hands? Sounds like you'll need something else. Shopping at H can be fun and dangerous..lol I'd wait and go in person.
Haha, i meant either get a long wallet and force two phones inside the wallet, or have a smaller wallet and carry phones in hands which I've been doing. But because I also have to carry keys and work id separately, it's been a bit too much to carry all!

I don’t think the wallets you stated may be the best for your needs. Maybe the Azap, but as someone describe, just because you can stuff it doesn’t mean you should and I wouldn’t do that to the Kelly Classic Wallet since its capacity is not necessarily a rectangular prism and doesn’t have that much “give”. I think the Jige Duo Wallet or the Jige Clutch or the Passant Long Wallet may be better for the capacity. The also have an envelope trio similar to LV’s Kirigami if you like that style.

I would suggest waiting to go in store to see for their design offerings. You may even find their to-go wallets. A neat thing about the Passant Long Wallet is that you could also use it as a clutch and carry it by slipping your hand between the leather. The Jige clutch looks great but again there are a lot more offerings than the wallets you mentioned in your original post so it may be more useful to visit.

I don’t think the wallets you stated may be the best for your needs. Maybe the Azap, but as someone describe, just because you can stuff it doesn’t mean you should and I wouldn’t do that to the Kelly Classic Wallet since its capacity is not necessarily a rectangular prism and doesn’t have that much “give”. I think the Jige Duo Wallet or the Jige Clutch or the Passant Long Wallet may be better for the capacity. The also have an envelope trio similar to LV’s Kirigami if you like that style.

I would suggest waiting to go in store to see for their design offerings. You may even find their to-go wallets. A neat thing about the Passant Long Wallet is that you could also use it as a clutch and carry it by slipping your hand between the leather. The Jige clutch looks great but again there are a lot more offerings than the wallets you mentioned in your original post so it may be more useful to visit.
The Jige clutch is a great suggestion as it can double as just a huge wallet and may be able to fit everything OP needs. :tup:

Reactions: 880 and skybluesky