Wallet Newbie - Advice Needed

missdennies

May 28, 2012
Am thinking of getting my first ever DIOR, a wallet. I saw one on the website called Lady Dior Escapade. Does anyone have this wallet? What are your thoughts on it? Is it worth the money I'll be paying for it? TIA! :smile:

Attachments

• S0015PTRI_M728_V1.png
    S0015PTRI_M728_V1.png
    305.9 KB · Views: 306

michi_chi

O.G.
Feb 2, 2008
Am thinking of getting my first ever DIOR, a wallet. I saw one on the website called Lady Dior Escapade. Does anyone have this wallet? What are your thoughts on it? Is it worth the money I'll be paying for it? TIA! :smile:

I don't know about the specific wallet you're asking about, but I've got a medium (long) Lady Dior wallet in patent pink leather and I absolutely love it! I really like the Cannage quilting on the wallet because it's so unique to Dior and it's lasted me this long (2 years since I took it out of its box) and not a scratch or blemish on it - Dior's patent leather is scratch-resistant - and I've heard from other members that the lambskin used is more durable than other designers so I would definitely say the craftsmanship and design of Dior wallets (as well as accessories and bags!) are definitely worth the price paid for it!

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
I don't own the wallet but I suggest getting it in patent leather instead. Dior's lambskin is beautiful but like all soft and supple leathers, it will show wear easily on a wallet, especially around corners.

If you still prefer the lambskin, then place the wallet in a separate compartment in your purse by itself, and when you move it in and out of your purse, be careful not to rub the corners against anything.

ohitsjen

Feb 5, 2013
I'm unsure of how true this is, but when I went to the Sydney boutique looking for a wallet, the SA who showed me this style told me it didn't come in patent at all. As averagejoe said, the wallet in lambskin will show wear quickly, which is one of the main reasons I didn't consider it, the other being that I wanted a wallet that I could put my phone in/with a zip.

Otherwise, it's a really lightweight/slender wallet, it's noticeably thinner than the Voyageur style with the zip in my opinion. Do you have a boutique you can go to, to compare models? I find that the best way to choose the right one to suit your needs.

missdennies

May 28, 2012
I don't know about the specific wallet you're asking about, but I've got a medium (long) Lady Dior wallet in patent pink leather and I absolutely love it! I really like the Cannage quilting on the wallet because it's so unique to Dior and it's lasted me this long (2 years since I took it out of its box) and not a scratch or blemish on it - Dior's patent leather is scratch-resistant - and I've heard from other members that the lambskin used is more durable than other designers so I would definitely say the craftsmanship and design of Dior wallets (as well as accessories and bags!) are definitely worth the price paid for it!

Thank you so much for your advice! Much appreciated. Yeah I like the patent better than the matte wallets and like yourself I love the quilting/stitching. Now the problem is deciding which colour to get! :biggrin:

missdennies

May 28, 2012
I don't own the wallet but I suggest getting it in patent leather instead. Dior's lambskin is beautiful but like all soft and supple leathers, it will show wear easily on a wallet, especially around corners.

If you still prefer the lambskin, then place the wallet in a separate compartment in your purse by itself, and when you move it in and out of your purse, be careful not to rub the corners against anything.

Thanks for the advice! I prefer the patent however the lambskin comes with a DIOR charm on the side. I like that but not sure if that would be too cumbersome. Decisions, decisions....;):smile:

missdennies

May 28, 2012
I'm unsure of how true this is, but when I went to the Sydney boutique looking for a wallet, the SA who showed me this style told me it didn't come in patent at all. As averagejoe said, the wallet in lambskin will show wear quickly, which is one of the main reasons I didn't consider it, the other being that I wanted a wallet that I could put my phone in/with a zip.

Otherwise, it's a really lightweight/slender wallet, it's noticeably thinner than the Voyageur style with the zip in my opinion. Do you have a boutique you can go to, to compare models? I find that the best way to choose the right one to suit your needs.

Thank you! I have a couple of long wallets that zip around, I must really like that style then. :smile: They recently opened the flagship store in Sydney so you're right, I'll go and check it out and decide from there. Thanks again!