Wallet help! - exam treat

SoadyJones01

May 11, 2013
Hi all,

I recently got my grades back for two law assignments and I'm so so pleased with my results. As a treat, I am going to treat myself to a new Louis Vuitton wallet. What better way to celebrate?!

However, it will be my last purchase for a while now, as I am also saving for a new car. So, I want to make sure that it's something that I love and am satisfied with.

For a while, I have wanted the emilie wallet in damier ebene. I thought that because it's so cheap, I might also get her a little friend in the form of a damier azur mini pochette. Quite exciting as this would be my first azur piece!

But the vernis Sarah wallet has caught my eye! I'd love it in Rose Indien or Pomme! If I get Sarah, I can't have anything else? Meaning no azur mini pochette! I was set on Emilie until I heard about th glazing issues.

Please help! I would really appreciate your advice, as I know the Sarah is such a popular item. Ahh, decisions decisions.

Thank you :biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
first congrats on your exams :smile:
the emillie wallet is great, I have it for a while now and I have no issuues with it
mine is azur, I can definetly recommend it and another cles or mini pochette
on the other hand the vernis line is amazing, a little delicate but very beautiful
my only fear is a wallet being an everyday item it would show wear very fast
what you can do is get a wallet like an emillie or josephine and get a cles in one of
the wonderful vernis colors?

first congrats on your exams :smile:
the emillie wallet is great, I have it for a while now and I have no issuues with it
mine is azur, I can definetly recommend it and another cles or mini pochette
on the other hand the vernis line is amazing, a little delicate but very beautiful
my only fear is a wallet being an everyday item it would show wear very fast
what you can do is get a wallet like an emillie or josephine and get a cles in one of
the wonderful vernis colors?

Thank you!
Oh now that's a good idea! It's nice to hear that you have had no issues with the Emilie too, it makes me feel more confident about buying it.
I also worried about the vernis Sarah being delicate. I hate to worry about my wallets as they are constantly in and out of my bag.
How has the azur canvas held up, if you don't mind me asking?

Can anyone offer any help? Is the vernis Sarah all it's cracked up to be? Or shall I go with thr cheaper and lighter emilie and a little friend for her?

And if I get the emilie, shall I accompany her with an azur mini pochette or a vernis cles?
I have read very mixed reviews. If possible, mod pictures of older vernis Sarah wallets would be great.

Thank you

I would get the vernis sarah as it's a big moment in your life and you'll use this and remember it for years to come. Later on you can get the mini pochette. Good luck and congratulations on your exams.

Congratulations!! =]

I have yet to own a vernis piece, but one thing that I do hear a lot about (especially in regards to wallets) is that it leaves a lot of fingerprints.

For my personal needs, I know that a wallet is something I use frequently... so as beautiful as it may be, fingerprint marks would bother me.

Also, do you use a lot of cards? And do you prefer them placed in the slots? I considered the Emilie for quite awhile because I loved how slim the wallet is. That quickly changed when I realized that I needed more than four card slots. =[

Congratulations!! =]

I have yet to own a vernis piece, but one thing that I do hear a lot about (especially in regards to wallets) is that it leaves a lot of fingerprints.

For my personal needs, I know that a wallet is something I use frequently... so as beautiful as it may be, fingerprint marks would bother me.

Also, do you use a lot of cards? And do you prefer them placed in the slots? I considered the Emilie for quite awhile because I loved how slim the wallet is. That quickly changed when I realized that I needed more than four card slots. =[

Luckily, I only carry four cards that I use regularly! The rest could just go in my cles or a separate part of the wallet. This is why I thought that the emilie would work well for me!

I agree with the fingerprint issue. My zcp in amarante has this problem but I still absolutely love it! I think that maybe on a larger wallet it might drive me crazy though! I don't know about the fingerprint issue with pomme though? My four key holder doesn't seem to show them too much.

I am swaying towards the emilie again now though haha

You should reconsider the emilie! It's so roomy, plenty of space for other cards!

Hehe! Why can't the fingerprint issue be consistent! But that's great to hear that you love it regardless. I'm sure you'll adore your Sarah nonetheless as well :;): just trying to play devils advocate here since you're leaning towards Emilie!

Although... it does sound like you own quite a lot of vernis SLGs ::winkwink::

I have been on an outrageous (well, ok, not outrageous) wallet hunt for the past month. I reeeeeally loved the empreinte curieuse online. When I received it... hated it! Swapped it for a zippy compact in DE at the store. Used that for a day and realized that I'm no good with zippers. But my bf loved it! So he gets the wallet and I don't.

Anyway, I was really attracted to Emilie's price. I thought the same as you! I'll just pick myself up another something =)

But then slowly realized that I like more structured wallets. Alas, the Emilie is ruled out. ::cries::

I ended up purchasing a men's wallet, hahaha. Still not completely sold on it yet... I'm such a pain. My SA probably hates me, lol.

I actually already have the monogram josehine wallet with the red press stud and interior. My favourite colour is red :smile: so I thought about getting the emilie in damier ebene. I only have 3 vernis SLG's and would love so many more! I'd like to end up with the Sarah, but of course the price will increase before I do :sad:

Do you not like the canvas Sarah wallet? Haha Im sure your SA doesn't mind! As long as you buy things, they're happy!

I actually already have the monogram josehine wallet with the red press stud and interior. My favourite colour is red :smile: so I thought about getting the emilie in damier ebene. I only have 3 vernis SLG's and would love so many more! I'd like to end up with the Sarah, but of course the price will increase before I do :sad:

Do you not like the canvas Sarah wallet? Haha Im sure your SA doesn't mind! As long as you buy things, they're happy!

I love red, too! =) it's the color I would have chosen. But! I think that the Emilie in DE is lovely as well.

Urrrghgh, this is a tough decision even for me and I'm not even the one buying it, hahaha.

My vote is for the vernis Sarah. Doesn't hurt to add to the collection, right?

For myself I found the Sarah to be too bulky for me. I'm personally not a fan or accordion style wallets. But I always hear good things! Maybe I'll give it a go someday.

That's a shame. Maybe your better off without a wallet if all of these styles don't work for you :lol::lol: no, I'm sure you'll find one for you eventually! It's best to wait and then be certain.

You're making me want them all! :biggrin: I'll be doing a reveal after Christmas of both wallets, the cles and the mini pochette at this rate!!

That's a shame. Maybe your better off without a wallet if all of these styles don't work for you :lol::lol: no, I'm sure you'll find one for you eventually! It's best to wait and then be certain.

You're making me want them all! :biggrin: I'll be doing a reveal after Christmas of both wallets, the cles and the mini pochette at this rate!!

I know, right?!? I'm a mess :sad: hopefully this one will work out. If not, I'll need your help on finding a BAG to exchange it with :lol::lol:

Ain't nothing wrong with that ;) think of it as... A present to yourself for earning exceptional grades, a present to yourself for Christmas, and a couple of other little presents for yourself because your presents need companions??