Wallet from Neiman Marcus smells... funny?

Sep 25, 2010
I got a classic wallet from Neiman's Chanel boutique last weekend and I literally cannot get over the way it smells... I don't know if i'm being paranoid or it indeed smells weird.
I have leather handbags and they never smelled weird when they were first purchased....
Has anyone else encountered this?

Lol!!! I know what you mean. If its so bad you cant stand using it, take it back and try to get another one there or somewhere else. Make sure to smell it first!! LMAO

so is that normal?
i dont want to return the wallet because i have been using it.

Well....its normal to have some scent but not if it's so bad you don't want to use it. But if you've already been using it I don't think they will take back. Does it still smell strong after using it or has it gotten less scented?

I got a classic wallet from Neiman's Chanel boutique last weekend and I literally cannot get over the way it smells... I don't know if i'm being paranoid or it indeed smells weird.
I have leather handbags and they never smelled weird when they were first purchased....
Has anyone else encountered this?

What about using a scented dryer sheet and gently wiping it down to absorb some of the smell? I once received a puffer vest by mail order with some awful scent and used a dryer sheet to remove the stink.

Well....its normal to have some scent but not if it's so bad you don't want to use it. But if you've already been using it I don't think they will take back. Does it still smell strong after using it or has it gotten less scented?

its less scented now.
i was more so freaked out because my train of thoughts went a little like "this is authentic and it smells like this??!?!" then "omg what if someone returned a fake to neimans and i got it" :lol: silly i know.. but i freaked myself out.

its less scented now.
i was more so freaked out because my train of thoughts went a little like "this is authentic and it smells like this??!?!" then "omg what if someone returned a fake to neimans and i got it" :lol: silly i know.. but i freaked myself out.

Don't be hard on yourself for those thoughts. It's better to be safe than sorry:smile: