Wallet dilemma: damier vs. monogram?

munchkin_cat

Feb 15, 2009
So my lovely bf just got me a Sarah wallet for my birthday!:yahoo:
He wasn't sure which pattern to pick, so he picked out the damier ebene one, but he told me I can go back to exchange for the monogram one if i wanted...

The thing is, i have a tivoli pm and just got the vernis brea pm in pomme

do you think i should get the monogram one to match my bags, or keep the damier one?

personally i think the damier one looks more sophisticated and less flashy...do you think it'll be ok to have the wallet not match my bags???

Thank you for your help!

I don't think you have to match wallets at all, just go for the one you love the most. If you like the one your BF got you I would keep it! When I first started carrying LV I thought everything needed to be matchy matchy but I have since come to realize it is almost more fun when they don't *match* exactly!

that's really sweet of your boyfriend! i think you should keep it, its definitely more fun to mix and match your items, then when you have an entire collection its like a fun assortment! :smile:

Hmm. I agree that damier is less flashy and you will probably feel more comfortable in the end using it. I have the monogram and love it, but sometimes it's not comfortable to take it out! And you don't have to match mono with mono. I carry my mono wallet in my damier 30 all the time.

There is no "rule" that it all has to match, i love the hap-hazard of s little of this, a little of that.... it looks less "tried" that way, if you know what i mean. I say get the piece you want for the piece itself, not because it matches something else.

:thinking: From personal experience since I have different LV wallets, I find the Damier to be a bit plain in comparison to the Monogram Vernis and Monogram canvas print wallets.

The checkerboard print just looks too plain. :sad: The good thing is that I carry the Damier Ebene occasionally when I feel the need to match with my Damier Ebene handbags, but I tend to revert to my Monogram print wallets soon afterwards.

For handbags, the Damier Ebene print looks great--especially for my GM-NF. For SLGs, the Monogram print just adds that extra kick.

I would suggest to go back to the boutique and compare the two. If you like the Damier better, then you can keep it with a clear conscience. Since your BF is not offended if you exchange it, I think this is a good opportunity for you to decide which one you want to be lugging around in your handbags for the next few years.

Good luck! :tup:

I love damier for bags but like mono better for wallets and agendas. I also think the mono is prettier in SLGs. I adore my trevi, damier pap, damier speedy, etc., but I agree that damier is to plain for a wallet. My personal choice would be to exchange to mono if my boyfriend didn't mind. Ultimately, pick what you like best. They both go with everything. I do think the mono Sarah is just as sophisticated and I don't find it too flashy. It's a beautiful wallet. I have the Porte tresor international in mono and have been using it daily for over ten years and it still looks new. You use your wallet so much. Pick something that you're proud to pull out, that is pretty and feminine and that will make you smile inside when you pull it out. For me personally, my mono wallet still can make my breath catch. While I would feel okay with a damier wallet, on a personal level, it wouldn't give me that extra little luxurious spark which makes LV so much fun. It's weird because it sure does in bags, just not in wallets.

Well, I do like the look of a matching bag and wallet. However, what I LOVE about Damier is that it will look NEW for a loooong time. More so, than monogram.

Guess I'm no help :lol:

I love damier for bags but like mono better for wallets and agendas. I also think the mono is prettier in SLGs. I adore my trevi, damier pap, damier speedy, etc., but I agree that damier is to plain for a wallet. My personal choice would be to exchange to mono if my boyfriend didn't mind. Ultimately, pick what you like best. They both go with everything. I do think the mono Sarah is just as sophisticated and I don't find it too flashy. It's a beautiful wallet. I have the Porte tresor international in mono and have been using it daily for over ten years and it still looks new. You use your wallet so much. Pick something that you're proud to pull out, that is pretty and feminine and that will make you smile inside when you pull it out. For me personally, my mono wallet still can make my breath catch. While I would feel okay with a damier wallet, on a personal level, it wouldn't give me that extra little luxurious spark which makes LV so much fun. It's weird because it sure does in bags, just not in wallets.
I feel the same!