Wallet decisions

Nov 28, 2006
I need some expert advice! DH has finally given me the ok to go ahead and buy the wallet I wanted way back in Feb. We just finished up an extensive renovation on our house and he said wait till we're done, then you can go back to shopping.

So after an extended ban, I went into Chanel a few weeks ago to buy the wallet I wanted. Lo and behold, they don't make it anymore! I wanted the Paris Cambon, in black because I fell in love with the pink lining. It was perfect size for me, I loved the zippered coin part, the bifold, everything. I had been in the store in SF, and the lovely SA took lots of time to show me each style. We're headed back down to NYC (I'm about 4+ hours away) next week and I'm wondering what my second choice should be.

Since that was what I had my heart set on, I was wondering if you guys knew if they were replacing it with a similar style or if there is one from the classic line that would be similar. Wallets are so personal, I know, but I'd love to hear what you guys think. TIA!

I did search through the reference library for all the different wallets, but most photos don't show the inside. Plus in desperation I called the Chanel counter at NM and she said they were getting a new shipment in a few weeks, with lots of new wallets but no cambon. But she wasn't sure if anything would be replacing it.

I know, mostly pictures on the reference library hardly have any details inside except the classic line. My husband just got me a Fuchsia Caviar wallet. When I got it I will post the photos. He said the SA told him it's totally brand new style.

Cool, thank you! I almost got the metallic version of the cambon but thought I'd come home and research the metallic first. I wasn't sure how it would wear, because it seemed so much thinner than the leather.

Which type of metallic leather do you have? I have the silver deerskin?/caviar wallet that I've hardly used at all and the silver deerskin agenda that I used as a wallet daily for most of a year. I only recently noticed some tiny specs where the silver rubbed off. I'll try to take some pictures. But again, this agenda has been handled so frequently, since it also contains my address book, calendar, credit & store cards, id, etc.
I think it held up pretty well.

I have the dark silver metallic medium reissue (shiny) and have worn it about 3 - 4 times, so I haven't had any issues yet.

I have a Chanel metallic wallet, metallic pigment loss is prominent.