Wallet - Chanel or Louis Vuitton

May 7, 2012
Got my performance bonus recently and I'm thinking of rewarding myself by getting either a Chanel or a Louis Vuitton Wallet.
The wallet I am currently using is the LV Zippy wallet in monogram.
I've been thinking of getting a Chanel wallet for a long time but I am also tempted to get a LV Zippy or Sarah wallet in Vernis.
The prices are about the same.
I just have a few concerns:
1. Are Chanel wallets lasting? LV wallets are very lasting.
2. If I get the LV wallet in vernis, will it be really hard to up keep - fingerprints, scratches etc
It'll be my first Chanel wallet. Which wallet would you get? Help!

Regarding whether it will last, it depends on which Chanel wallet you get. I have the Chanel black lambskin camellia bifold. I use it daily, bang it around in my work bag and have not noticed any scratches. I've had it for a year and anticipate using it for the next decade with good wear. I almost got the black Cambon (loved the hot pink interior!) but don't think it would have had the same kind of longevity. I think they were pretty comparable in price too. I just posted this pic in another thread but what the heck, here it is again.

Attachments

• BC.JPG
    BC.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,418
Last edited:
Today I think I will get a Chanel (tomorrow i'm not sure).

I am thinking of getting the wallet in quilted caviar leather.
The three designs I'm looking at are:
- Bifold
- Flap
- Zip pocket

I just have a question regarding the Bifold wallet. Since it does not have a clasp, do the contents fall out?

My D Day to get the wallet is this Saturday or Sunday.
I have a couple more days to torture myself for a decision :smile:

Regarding whether it will last, it depends on which Chanel wallet you get. I have the Chanel black lambskin camellia bifold. I use it daily, bang it around in my work bag and have not noticed any scratches. I've had it for a year and anticipate using it for the next decade with good wear. I almost got the black Cambon (loved the hot pink interior!) but don't think it would have had the same kind of longevity. I think they were pretty comparable in price too. I just posted this pic in another thread but what the heck, here it is again.

Thank you. Very helpful. Your wallet looks lovely.

Today I think I will get a Chanel (tomorrow i'm not sure).

I am thinking of getting the wallet in quilted caviar leather.
The three designs I'm looking at are:
- Bifold
- Flap
- Zip pocket

I just have a question regarding the Bifold wallet. Since it does not have a clasp, do the contents fall out?

My D Day to get the wallet is this Saturday or Sunday.
I have a couple more days to torture myself for a decision :smile:

Good luck! Hope you'll post pics when you do :smile:

I've never had a problem with things falling out of this bifold (or any other in the past, I tend to gravitate toward them), the pockets are sewn pretty tightly actually and I initially had trouble getting my credit cards in and out of the slots! In the past when slots get too loose I just shove more cards in one slot to secure them. I doubt this will happen anytime soon with the Chanel unless you overstuff each slot from the beginning and then try to decrease the number of cards per slot later when they loosen.

As much as I love the look of the zip pocket, it's hard to get in and out of when you need to access things quickly in your wallet so many people seem to end up leaving them unzipped anyway. It is the most secure though and I like the look of it.