Wallet and a Clutch

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey Ladies I have a question. Do you still carry a wallet in you clutch/wristlet or does your clutch/wristlet function as you wallet?

2. I have a this Balenciaga Wallet that I love so much, I wear it as a clutch, too.[​IMG]

3. i use my wallet as a clutch too =)

4. I never carry my wallet as a clutch, instead I use a small card case. It has just enough room for my ID, CC and money, and slips in easily to any of my clutches. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of having my wallet so exposed...weird I know. :P

5. If I use a clutch I have a tiny wallet and a tiny card case so Ill use one of those two as a wallet.

6. Depending on the size of the clutch, I may or my not use a small card case instead. If the clutch is on the smaller side, though, I just stick my cash & cards in.

7. A regular wallet. Clutch will be great as well but no compartment I guess. And if you're using a smaller bag, will the clutch fit in?

8. I tend to use wallets that I could use as clutches, but I don't really tend to...instead, I'll put the long wallet in a slightly larger actual clutch, so that I can also put in a phone, keys, and lipgloss if I need/want to.

9. No, I generally don't - smaller clutches are, obviously, too small and most of my larger clutches have large enough internal pockets, anyway, so I just tend to use them instead of a wallet.

In fact, I do that with large bags as well - just dump everything in the internal pocket! :biggrin:

After all, cards and notes don't, generally, need to be contained in a wallet, do they? It's really just coins that are awkward, as they can roll around everywhere in a larger pocket. Sometimes I'll just stick a coin purse in there for that very reason.

Also, one of the reasons I like using clutches is because I prefer to travel light -so loading them up with extra, unnecessary (or barely necessary) stuff kind of defeats the main purpose of them for me.

Actually, I find I don't use my continental wallets inside bags, at all, as I like using them as clutches and I don't want to ruin them. So, it's really only my French wallets that ever get used inside bags and I only have a couple of them, so I guess I really can't feel the need for them, most of the time, can I? :shrugs:

In the case of clutches that are too small to hold a wallet, the only time it really bothers me not to is in the case of my leather and suede-lined ones, as I don't like having to put coins straight into them, as they may be dirty. So, I've been looking for a very small, plain, suede, foldover (I don't want anything with a frame, or a metal clasp, or any other kind of metal embellishment as it may dent the very soft leather linings) coin purse, in a lightish sand colour (to avoid colour transfer to the light leather linings), but to no avail, so far; so I've been thinking of using a sand suede, drawstring jewellery pouch, instead.

After all, people used to use drawstring pouches for coins, didn't they (think Robin Hood, LOL!)?

I may get some funny looks but, frankly, who cares? :lol: