Wallet Advice

sunfire27

O.G.
Jun 2, 2009
Hi My Fellow Louis Lovers!!

I need some advice. I'm trying to decide which Zippy Wallet to get and I'm conflicted. I don't know if I should get the Vernis Pomme Zippy or get the regular Zippy (Mono or Damier). What's your opinion and why? If you own a Vernis wallet, are there things about it you don't like. I NEED help. I'm so indecisive and getting both is not an option since I'm saving up for a trip to Paris next year and you all know I will be shopping at Louis Vuitton when I get there. Thanks ya'll!!

I understand your dilema but I am going to be NO help because I can't decide either!! I am going Monday and plan on just having a "picnic" will all the wallet so I can decide :smile:

I personally like vernis SLG's. They add that extra pop of color. PLUS using a red wallet is suppose to bring you fortune! I have the Pomme zippy and I prefer it over the canvas because I feel it has more flexibility in getting your cards in and out also.

Well I will give you my opinion, but really don't know if it would help "YOU" as everyone has different likes and dislikes. I got my zippy a year ago and after much contemplating, decided I like the damier zippy best. I have been in love with the damier zippy since I got it and have no regrets. However, I still think the vernis zippy is quite pretty and every once in a while, I wonder about it. The other day I was at LV to purchase a coin pouch, and for the first time since I bought my wallet, they had all the zippys line up in their display case. Since I was not in to look at or consider a wallet, I think I had a very unbias frame of mind towards the wallets. I causally glanced at them and realized that I really do prefer canvas zippy over vernis. It was nice to see them all lined up together and being that I was not "in the market" I think my preference really jumped out at me (I don't know if that makes sense to anybody else except me :biggrin:)

Well I will give you my opinion, but really don't know if it would help "YOU" as everyone has different likes and dislikes. I got my zippy a year ago and after much contemplating, decided I like the damier zippy best. I have been in love with the damier zippy since I got it and have no regrets. However, I still think the vernis zippy is quite pretty and every once in a while, I wonder about it. The other day I was at LV to purchase a coin pouch, and for the first time since I bought my wallet, they had all the zippys line up in their display case. Since I was not in to look at or consider a wallet, I think I had a very unbias frame of mind towards the wallets. I causally glanced at them and realized that I really do prefer canvas zippy over vernis. It was nice to see them all lined up together and being that I was not "in the market" I think my preference really jumped out at me (I don't know if that makes sense to anybody else except me :biggrin:)

Maybe I should line them up and see which appeals to me. That's a good idea.

I just made the same tough decision. The pomme zippy was my long time love. I can not envision a more beautiful and functional wallet. I am also looking to fill a vernis gap in my collection. I don't know if a patent leather purse is for me but a SLG seems ideal! I thought this was the perfect solution until I had lunch with my friend that has the red with white polka dots Kusama vernis zippy. After many many months (I thought her worry would lessen with time), she was still keeping her wallet in its dust bag - inside her bag! She said she was worried about scratches a little but much more worried about color transfer from basically everything in her bag... She suggested I get the amarante zippy to avoid this stress..
When I got to the boutique, I fell in LVOE with the mono zippy. So beautiful, classic, and durable! I could not ask for a more perfect wallet! I will likely filly my need for pomme vernis with a cosmetic pouch, key holder, agenda, or cles. My wallet needed to be one to last me many many years as I would rather spend my LV money on bags!
Sorry for the long post but I hope this helps! I've attached some pics of my wallet! Xo

Attachments

• image-113515254.jpg
    image-113515254.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 325
  • image-529883051.jpg
    image-529883051.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 306
  • image-2616822194.jpg
    image-2616822194.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 306
  • image-220815907.jpg
    image-220815907.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 314
I'm in the same boat!! I want a Verni but so scared of scratches! :thinking:

Hi My Fellow Louis Lovers!!

I need some advice. I'm trying to decide which Zippy Wallet to get and I'm conflicted. I don't know if I should get the Vernis Pomme Zippy or get the regular Zippy (Mono or Damier). What's your opinion and why? If you own a Vernis wallet, are there things about it you don't like. I NEED help. I'm so indecisive and getting both is not an option since I'm saving up for a trip to Paris next year and you all know I will be shopping at Louis Vuitton when I get there. Thanks ya'll!!

I have a Pomme Sarah that I've used every single day for 4 years and it looks brand new! It has worn like iron!! I don't know if other vernis colors scratch, but there is not ONE scratch on my Pomme Sarah OR my Pomme Cles! I am not careful with my things, either! I have 4 kids and no time to baby accessories - only time to baby my babies!

Before my Pomme Sarah, I had a Mono wallet (the one that opens up three ways and holds a checkbook Tre International or something like that). The glazing on the sides started to peel after a year. LV reglazed it for me at no charge, but I sold it right after that. I have been super pleased with my Vernis! My BFF has an Amarante Zippy Wallet and no issues with her wallet, either. She gets lots of fingerprints on her's, but that's IT! Good luck!!

Vermis! I love the leather interior and it keeps up very well. I have a marshmallow cles that has been beat up but looks fantastic still. If you are worried, opt for a darker color.

I don't have the Zippy wallet but I do have two Sarah wallets in vernis leather so I would vote for zippy in Pomme. You need a pop of color in your bag. I find mono too plain for SLGS.

I just made the same tough decision. The pomme zippy was my long time love. I can not envision a more beautiful and functional wallet. I am also looking to fill a vernis gap in my collection. I don't know if a patent leather purse is for me but a SLG seems ideal! I thought this was the perfect solution until I had lunch with my friend that has the red with white polka dots Kusama vernis zippy. After many many months (I thought her worry would lessen with time), she was still keeping her wallet in its dust bag - inside her bag! She said she was worried about scratches a little but much more worried about color transfer from basically everything in her bag... She suggested I get the amarante zippy to avoid this stress..
When I got to the boutique, I fell in LVOE with the mono zippy. So beautiful, classic, and durable! I could not ask for a more perfect wallet! I will likely filly my need for pomme vernis with a cosmetic pouch, key holder, agenda, or cles. My wallet needed to be one to last me many many years as I would rather spend my LV money on bags!
Sorry for the long post but I hope this helps! I've attached some pics of my wallet! Xo

Thanks for the pictures. I LIKE the Monogram too. Life would be so much easier if I could just get both. Lol! I forgot it comes in the cosmetic pouch. :thinking:

I don't have the Zippy wallet but I do have two Sarah wallets in vernis leather so I would vote for zippy in Pomme. You need a pop of color in your bag. I find mono too plain for SLGS.

I like the idea of a pop of color too. I actually have the Insolite wallet in the rubis (red) color a bought a few years ago for that very reason.

i labored over the zippy wallet decision for so long. in the end i decided i preferred the mono and to this day i am soooo happy with that decision. personally, i love the way the mono looks in my de, da and mono bags. my friend has the empreinte speedy in orient and her mono accessories look amazing with that bag as well. i love de, da and mono, but for the accessories, the mono wins hands down for me. hope this helps! by the way, my 2 fav zippies are the regular zippy and zippy compact wallet, with the zcw actually edging out the regular zippy by just a little bit. good luck!

My DB had originally purchased the vernis Sarah wallet in Pomme last Valentines Day ;) For me. I did exchange it for the Mono Zippy only because it was going to be my primary, everyday wallet my only LV Wallet. With that being said, now that I have an everyday wallet (mono) I would definitely purchase a vernis wallet as a secondary wallet :smile: