Wallet advice! :-)

foxmonkey

Jan 16, 2006
Hi, I'm new and so far I'm loving it here! I'm enjoying reading the threads and becoming familiar with the forum, and I really loved seeing everyone's bags! As soon as I figure out the thumbnail thing, I'll post pictures of my collection. I could post text links but those aren't as much fun. :amuse:

I have the LV Passport Organizer wallet and I absolutely love it. I have several wallets but it's my favorite, hands down. I wasn't sure at first when the SA recommended it, but I'm so glad she did!

Here it is closed and open (with my Speedy 30!).

So this is my dilemma - I'd love to have something similar and I need some ideas. I can look at bags for hours on end, but not so much with wallets! So far I haven't seen anything that grabs me. Suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance! :amuse:

Well first of all, welcome! You'll find yourself spending more time in front of your computer now that you found this place!;) I love your wallet! It's something I've been looking for. May I ask what kind of wallet you had in mind, color/style/brand/price range??

jasanna143 said:
Well first of all, welcome! ... May I ask what kind of wallet you had in mind, color/style/brand/price range??

Thank you! I'm having fun so far. :amuse:

As far as the rest...mostly what I'm looking for is something similiar in style, something that will stay flat and neat and not bulk up as soon as I tuck in my cards, bills, change, etc. I've gotten so spoiled with this wallet that I don't want to use anything else!

Price...tops maybe 450.00. Either leather or fabric would be fine. No real color preference. Brand wouldn't matter - Marc Jacobs, another LV, Fendi, etc. I'm easy. :amuse: Truthfully, I think the style is why I'm having a hard time trying to find what I want. When I've got the wallet in hand, it's almost like a small clutch.

It's perfect and I love it but I don't want to use it 'til it's ragged. :sad: Though I guess I could just replace it with a new one if I did. :lol:

How about the quilted zip clutch by Marc Jacobs ? Check out the description and alternate picture at http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=10944099&SectionID=9000

It will certainly be like the passport organizer in that it's like a small clutch !

p10944099_ph_hero.jpg

ayla said:
How about the quilted zip clutch by Marc Jacobs ? Check out the description and alternate picture at http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=10944099&SectionID=9000

It will certainly be like the passport organizer in that it's like a small clutch !

I saw that one the other day! I like zip-around wallets and I love Marc Jacobs - that's gorgeous and I love the hardware. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with an MJ wallet! Thanks for the suggestion. :amuse:

I agree with Ayla, I love that MJ Clutch.

I thought I was the only with TWO National City cards in my wallet...You must be from the C-O, I see the Discovery Place card. I memorized my number so I don't even carry mine anymore!

jasanna143 said:
Here's a thought..obviously not this particular listing but just to give you an idea..maybe in a different color but I think the horsebit gives it a nice touch...?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Auth-Brand-New-GUCCI-Classic-long-wallet-Brown-Beige_W0QQitemZ6841332594QQcategoryZ45261QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I do like Gucci's horsebit hardware, so that's an idea. That's a bit different than the usual tri-fold style, too. Looks like it might have the flatness that I'm looking for.

I don't know why I haven't seen more wallets made like my LV passport organizer - maybe it's their background in travel goods? I checked Ghurka but theirs are pretty uninspired - though compared to the bags they're pretty inexpensive!

Thanks for the ideas. :amuse:

blackbutterfly said:
I agree with Ayla, I love that MJ Clutch.

I thought I was the only with TWO National City cards in my wallet...You must be from the C-O, I see the Discovery Place card. I memorized my number so I don't even carry mine anymore!

LOL! Busted by my wallet! Yep, two cards, that's how bad I am. One's the joint account with the husband - mine is the one that gets the workout. :biggrin:

The MJ is beautiful. If I don't find anything else that I really like, I may end up going with that.