Arts & Crafts wall art / wall decals?

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
has anyone else used the vinyl wall art that seems to be popping up all over the place in the past few years? i was skeptical at first of how the results would turn out, so i only ordered a small one to begin with, which i used to decorate a blank wall in my powder room - it turned out to work really well for the space, since it's so low-maintenance, unlike a framed painting or something of that sort:

the white flowers are actually those free plastic camellias that seem to be found in abundance in and around any of my chanel purchases . . . . there was a small blemish on the wall so i stuck a flower over . . . naturally i then decided that flower needed some company :biggrin:

Attachments

ILuvShopping

★☆★★☆★★☆★
Jun 4, 2007
Iowa
i have a phrase in my bathroom. was a bit of a pain in the butt because i was up really close to my bathroom lights while doing it so it was really warm, and i have plaster walls so it isn't a flat surface lol

told myself i wouldn't do them in this house again but then i went and bought 2 more! haven't put them up yet though.

bought some flower-y type ones for my closet doors but they've been sitting in their package for a couple of years lol

but i do love them!

TeachingTots

Jan 7, 2010
I used these for the kids room. We had Pooh themed ones. It really added color to the room. I would caution though that they do leave a light residue on the walls so you can see where the stickers were. but is easily covered with touch up paint.

imonpurseblog

Sep 28, 2007
I've seen some really neat ones. My fav was one that had a table and two chairs (real) with wall decals that looked like word balloons. They had something cute written in them. Hard to describe, but it was cute. I also love quotes so that would be a fun thing to put on my walls.

betty.lee

amateur bag hag
O.G.
Feb 7, 2010
honolulu
etsy is loaded with them these days..there's so many designs to choose from. i've used them in a few clients homes..they're easy to apply and inexpensive. it's a great alternative to wallpaper or expensive artwork.

i vote yes!

bellafleur

O.G.
Apr 26, 2007
I've been wondering about these too. I saw a really cute cherry blossom decal on Etsy and was thinking of it for the nursery, but I didn't know how much of a pain in the butt it would be to put up. And if this big thing on the wall would scare the baby. And if they really didn't leave a residue like they say...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=44222882

betty.lee

amateur bag hag
O.G.
Feb 7, 2010
honolulu
I've been wondering about these too. I saw a really cute cherry blossom decal on Etsy and was thinking of it for the nursery, but I didn't know how much of a pain in the butt it would be to put up. And if this big thing on the wall would scare the baby. And if they really didn't leave a residue like they say...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=44222882
nope, no residue, and if there's a little, most likely can just scrub off.

it's really easy to put up..and if there's that many colors in it, they just show you how to layer it.

ILuvShopping

★☆★★☆★★☆★
Jun 4, 2007
Iowa
i just noticed some at hobby lobby and this week they're 50% off.
they're in the poster section and are mainly images. they had a really cute one i ALMOST bought but resisted. it was of different colors flowers in vases, each flower/vase was it's own decal.