Walking out with nothing in hand...

aleesara01

O.G.
May 21, 2009
I don't know if this is isolated to my store, but it seems every time I go in the FP store to purchase something, it is out of stock and has to be order. I am an instant gratification type of personality, so when I buy something I want it right now, not in a week from now! Yesterday, for example, I went to purchase a Madison hippie in walnut and a black Kristin wallet and neither item was in stock....ugh.
So now the wait for JAX begins...sorry, I just wanted to vent and see if anyone else out there was seeing the same trend??

yeah I know what you mean, our PX gets crappy stuff in. I am sick of it. I dont have access to a FP store. except off base, but its Japan, and the prices are out of control

I kind of like it...truth be told. Except backorder purchases. It gives me something to look forward too.

When I buy something and walk out with it in hand, it's over. That's it. But when I can anticipate a package...that's just exciting!! I love getting mail!

OP I agree with you on this one. Although the anticipation of waiting for the package to arrive in the mail can be fun, I would much rather be able to see the item in real life before I purchase it. My boutique is not a flagship store and doesn't always get most of the styles in stock. I usually have to order my bags sight unseen, which causes me to have to return the ones that I am not in love with. If I can see the bag, carry it in the store, look in the mirror and put my things in it to see if the size is correct for me, I can make a more informed decision regarding purchasing. I too, wish Coach would send more of their items to the smaller boutiques.

I know it is super common.. My FP Store gets either 2 or 3 of each items and they do not get full stock due to the fact that they are not Flagship... So if they have it they only have One and normally they do not have it..

So I am always ordering and having it shipped to the store so if there is an issue it will be taken here care of on the spot..

There was a thread on this a while back. Basically every store only gets a couple of each bag, including the one they put on display. You have to go within a week or two of the bag coming out if you want to come home with a fresh one from the back. Otherwise expect to order it. Coach is really trying to limit production so that less product goes to the outlet, but from what I've seen so far, we are still seeing some good stuff go to the outlets.

I actually like getting my order in the mail too.

Also, I've noticed the stuff in the FP sometimes have some flaws (like uneven flap, uneven stitching), I have better luck getting something close to perfection from JAX. For example, my FP only had 3 chick fobs and they were all either handled by customers way too much (the fur starts to get matted), or the fur is flattened down too much. I really don't like buying something furry from the store because, let's face it, who can resist the urge of patting the chick when you see it at the checkout counter. Perhaps I am a bit anal about it, but the chick that came from JAX was perfectly fluffy.

i asked a store to order me something from JAX once and they wouldnt. i was told canadian stores transfer from other boutiques 1st even if it is a floor model. wonder y?

im that kind of person too. but it paid off for me this time. with this latest PCE, ive been in the store 3 times, 2 different locations. its all about persistence and patience i guess

The last time I walked out of Coach with an actual bag was a year ago. All my purchases were ordered. I did buy an Ocelot Audrey at Belks on clearance and it was nice to have the bag to take home with me. I am waiting on Fedex today for a bag I am buying essentially site unseen....can't wait!