Walking in your Louboutins SoKate

nolegirl01

Sep 30, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
So I purchased a pair of SoKates 120mm which I am in love with but holy cow they are so hard to walk in! I bought it a couple months ago and I just haven't got the courage to go out with them yet. I put them on and try and walk around the house to break them in a bit but they are so uncomfortable. Do you ladies have any advice on what to do to make them more comfortable? I'm using a little gel pad inside to make it more comfortable but they still are hard to walk in. It's not even the they hurt, I mean they do but I can deal with that, it's the height and the incline I'm having issues with. I look weird waking in them because they are so high. Now I have some pretty high heels in my closet which I never had a problem with but for some reason the SoKates are kicking my butt!

gymangel812

<3OOO~~~
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
Ohio
practice around the house. 120mm no platform aren't ever going to be comfortable. maybe check the thread on walking in 120mm pigalle for tips. i mostly just walk on my tip toes lol.

berrydiva

Feb 26, 2012
Practice. Practice. Practice. Plus I always buy a half size up regardless of what everyone says...it makes it more comfortable as your feet swell while wearing.

giggles00

O.G.
Feb 13, 2008
So I purchased a pair of SoKates 120mm which I am in love with but holy cow they are so hard to walk in! I bought it a couple months ago and I just haven't got the courage to go out with them yet. I put them on and try and walk around the house to break them in a bit but they are so uncomfortable. Do you ladies have any advice on what to do to make them more comfortable? I'm using a little gel pad inside to make it more comfortable but they still are hard to walk in. It's not even the they hurt, I mean they do but I can deal with that, it's the height and the incline I'm having issues with. I look weird waking in them because they are so high. Now I have some pretty high heels in my closet which I never had a problem with but for some reason the SoKates are kicking my butt!
You have to "get used to them".

I'm used to 5" heels, no problem. When I got some 6" heels (no platform), I felt a distinct pain in the ankle. Due to the steep pitch. Pain went away after a while, my ankle "adapted".

It's also important to walk with "relaxed ankles". If you stiffen them up, the muscle tension can make it feel awkward. I've recently discovered the art of letting the heel "wiggle". As you plant the heel, let it go a bit inwards..keep it there when you push off. Looks/feels sexy.

Another way to approach it, is to "control your pump". Not let it "control you". Think of the pump as an extension of your (sexy) personality. Face it, you got the 120 heel to look/feel sexy, so "project" it. It's useful to watch videos of some real "divas". Like Gwen Stefani, who's a Pigalle 120 fan.

Jul 12, 2009
UK-based, L.A.-bred
You have to "get used to them".

I'm used to 5" heels, no problem. When I got some 6" heels (no platform), I felt a distinct pain in the ankle. Due to the steep pitch. Pain went away after a while, my ankle "adapted".

It's also important to walk with "relaxed ankles". If you stiffen them up, the muscle tension can make it feel awkward. I've recently discovered the art of letting the heel "wiggle". As you plant the heel, let it go a bit inwards..keep it there when you push off. Looks/feels sexy.

Another way to approach it, is to "control your pump". Not let it "control you". Think of the pump as an extension of your (sexy) personality. Face it, you got the 120 heel to look/feel sexy, so "project" it. It's useful to watch videos of some real "divas". Like Gwen Stefani, who's a Pigalle 120 fan.
Good tips! I like the part about controlling one's pumps. It's all about practicing at home, hopefully on as many surfaces as possible, and going through a range of movements to get used to them. While I love my shoes and try to take good care of them, I like to think of myself as a bit of a dictator with mine- I break their spirit before they break mine, haha.

Bmora27

Aug 7, 2014
Los Angeles
I bought 4 pairs and I was forced to put them all up on ebay because I looked crazy walking in the so Kate's. I was absolutely bummed but I figured I needed a more practical shoe that is at least 75% comfortable. I'm 33 and feel too damn old to let my sexy shoes ruin my night. Discomfort on my feet shows through my face...and the look is not sexy!