Walking down the aisle - Show me your bridal nails

I'm a bridesmaid in August, i'm wearing a burgundy to match my cream/burgundy outfit theme, and so far totally stumped how to pretty up my polish. I'm looking for some ideas :P

kezza30 said:
I'm a bridesmaid in August, i'm wearing a burgundy to match my cream/burgundy outfit theme, and so far totally stumped how to pretty up my polish. I'm looking for some ideas :P

will it be fall/autumn where you are in august? i kinda think a pop of orange would look good against burgundy, very autumnal.

will it be fall/autumn where you are in august? i kinda think a pop of orange would look good against burgundy, very autumnal.

It'll be summer, well it should be we haven't had much. My dress is cream, the accessories are burgundy. I'll need a good answer from my sister, she's not much into polish she just bought some nail care stuff recently and a french kit. I don't want my nails to be more than hers so i'm thinking of some pretty but not to blingy ideas lol ;)

aaw I see. I found something online.... it suggests grey, red or violet, or hunter green

Burgundy

Burgundy is red darkened with black. You can find monochromatic burgundies and put these together with one another--as in a shirt, tie and color square--the effect will be rich and understated. Pull everything together with a gray suit.

Good Colors

Red and violet are good colors to match with burgundy since they fall next to each other on the color wheel. You can also match tints of red and violet as well as hues of blue with burgundy.

Complementary Colors

Burgundy matches well with hunter green (both are darker shades of red and green). Be careful about shades and tints of hunter green so you don't clash colors.

I think if it was me, I would either go for grey (subtle) or a purple/violet (pop)

It'll be summer, well it should be we haven't had much. My dress is cream, the accessories are burgundy. I'll need a good answer from my sister, she's not much into polish she just bought some nail care stuff recently and a french kit. I don't want my nails to be more than hers so i'm thinking of some pretty but not to blingy ideas lol ;)

I know you said not too blingy, but I think gold or any metallic nails would be gorgeous with the cream dress and burgundy accessories! I just always think that metallics are the way to go when you want something subtle, but beautiful, and they always go well with everything! :smile:

^The suggestion of grey is nice as well, or you could even do navy.

gorgeous nails! I actually like the blue tip suggestion...I'm picturing a ombre Riva French tip?? that would be pretty neat!! here are some pictures I've found on pinterest that I think would be great wedding nails...some ideas of ways to incorporate blue and sparkles as well!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

These are so beautiful!! I love the first one!

aaw I see. I found something online.... it suggests grey, red or violet, or hunter green

Burgundy

Burgundy is red darkened with black. You can find monochromatic burgundies and put these together with one another--as in a shirt, tie and color square--the effect will be rich and understated. Pull everything together with a gray suit.

Good Colors

Red and violet are good colors to match with burgundy since they fall next to each other on the color wheel. You can also match tints of red and violet as well as hues of blue with burgundy.

Complementary Colors

Burgundy matches well with hunter green (both are darker shades of red and green). Be careful about shades and tints of hunter green so you don't clash colors.

I think if it was me, I would either go for grey (subtle) or a purple/violet (pop)

I know you said not too blingy, but I think gold or any metallic nails would be gorgeous with the cream dress and burgundy accessories! I just always think that metallics are the way to go when you want something subtle, but beautiful, and they always go well with everything! :smile:

^The suggestion of grey is nice as well, or you could even do navy.

My first thought was a pale gold color, but that often depends on your own coloring!

Thanks for the suggestions :biggrin: I have a gold but I have yet to try it, i've got a cool tone i'd say. I've got a lovely pearly grey too but i've not tried that either, better start doing some testers with them both lol:P

I agree about a pale gold but then again gold doesn't suit every one, i'm one of them but another thing you can do is do a sparse bit of glitter on the tips of your nails, maybe done with a sponge like you would do a ombra effect so it doesn't get too much glitter so you don't out bling the bride, could even use holo glitter.

kezza30 said:

How about a white glitter polish? Like Opi Piroutte one! With the burgundy polish as undies...

PolishQueen said:
I agree about a pale gold but then again gold doesn't suit every one, i'm one of them but another thing you can do is do a sparse bit of glitter on the tips of your nails, maybe done with a sponge like you would do a ombra effect so it doesn't get too much glitter so you don't out bling the bride, could even use holo glitter.

We have the same idea in mind. I love my gradient manicures and use my long nail beds to use with gradient tips.

I love the look of gradient manicures aswell, didn't have much luck with it the one time ive tried so far though, i think i picked colors that were too close color wise. Anyway i'll have to wait till my nails grow out again before i try again, as i cut my nails short recently as i had to have an operation.

Sally Hensan has a glitter that might be good i saw it today it was pale gold with slightly bigger not too strong fushia glitter, interesting combo i thought if it wasn't for the fact that im not a fan of glitters i might of got it.

kezza30 said:
I've wanted to do a gradient but haven't so far so I like that idea and piroutte my whistle has been on my list so ;)

Have you purchased any indies yet? Some make fab glitter bombs ideal for gradient manicures ... My avatar is an reversal gradient, with A-England's Ascalon one coater with Candeo Colors Mallard :biggrin:

I've got Piroutte My Whistle & will check if I have any burgundy polishes to swatch for you, if not I'll still make a swatch for a gradient one using it ok? I used PMW earlier this week with SH Bermuda Sand & wanted the more sheer almost naked look hehe, so only one quick coat & a dash of PMW. Would have taken a pic but glitter mess in hours halted that photo op.

Have you purchased any indies yet? Some make fab glitter bombs ideal for gradient manicures ... My avatar is an reversal gradient, with A-England's Ascalon one coater with Candeo Colors Mallard :biggrin:

I've got Piroutte My Whistle & will check if I have any burgundy polishes to swatch for you, if not I'll still make a swatch for a gradient one using it ok? I used PMW earlier this week with SH Bermuda Sand & wanted the more sheer almost naked look hehe, so only one quick coat & a dash of PMW. Would have taken a pic but glitter mess in hours halted that photo op.

Thankyou :smile: I haven'y got any indies yet, my list is long enough already lol