Walk in Birkin purchase

i think the fact that you did not immediately jump on it without hesitation speaks volumes.

It's a special bag but as others mentioned, more of a collector piece for someone who has multiple choices. If I was offered this bag, I would pass on it as unfortunately this bag does not fill a void in my collection.

Sorry! the term "walk-in" in this forum often refers to being at a particular store for the first time.
Sorry, forum etiquette is new to me. I don’t know that my purchase history is substantial, but it’s there nonetheless. I’m hoping a friend in Paris can get one for me, but that might be even harder. We shall see...

Sorry, forum etiquette is new to me. I don’t know that my purchase history is substantial, but it’s there nonetheless. I’m hoping a friend in Paris can get one for me, but that might be even harder. We shall see...

It is not forum etiquette, so no need to feel chastised.
It is more a matter of becoming familiar with the language - and that is a minefield!

I don’t want to sound like a wet blanket but it’s my belief these officier birkins are not selling well hence the walk in offer. I’ve turned one down and I know friends have as well. And the one I saw - the box was not shrink wrapped. So that tells me someone else already turned it down too. It’s not a classic birkin. If your wife is more of a timeless classic dresser, this is not for her. If she’s sporty and has more of an athleisure wardrobe, then it might be a good fit. I think the stripes give off that vibe.

Last edited:
I don’t want to sound like a wet blanket but it’s my belief these officier birkins are not selling well hence the walk in offer. I’ve turned one down and I know friends have as well. It’s not a classic birkin. If your wife is more of a timeless classic dresser, this is not for her. If she’s sporty and has more of an athleisure wardrobe, then it might be a good fit.

I can’t opine one whether they are selling well or not, but I agree: not everyone loves them. I might have missed the info, would this be her first birkin? If it was, I would stick to the classic one color (or bi color if you were lucky enough someone turned down their SO). Good luck! You are such a thoughtful husband!

Reactions: ODEDIHAIMS
I don’t want to sound like a wet blanket but it’s my belief these officier birkins are not selling well hence the walk in offer. I’ve turned one down and I know friends have as well. And the one I saw - the box was not shrink wrapped. So that tells me someone else already turned it down too. It’s not a classic birkin. If your wife is more of a timeless classic dresser, this is not for her. If she’s sporty and has more of an athleisure wardrobe, then it might be a good fit. I think the stripes give off that vibe.
With you