Waitlist + buying from Saks?

qogofud

Jun 2, 2015
Hi all – my apologies in advance if my questions are a bit basic!

I've been looking into purchasing a medium classic flap – black, caviar, GHW. I have no set date in mind and am not overly eager to get my hands on it ASAP, especially because it seems like the best "value" would be to purchase through a Chanel in Saks after opening the card on a day/weekend with bonus points.

I'd be purchasing in Boston and, though I haven't checked yet, I imagine there'd be quite a waitlist. Would it be very difficult to try to get a discount (described above) if I end up waitlisted?

daysha

Sep 20, 2015
Hi all – my apologies in advance if my questions are a bit basic!

I've been looking into purchasing a medium classic flap – black, caviar, GHW. I have no set date in mind and am not overly eager to get my hands on it ASAP, especially because it seems like the best "value" would be to purchase through a Chanel in Saks after opening the card on a day/weekend with bonus points.

I'd be purchasing in Boston and, though I haven't checked yet, I imagine there'd be quite a waitlist. Would it be very difficult to try to get a discount (described above) if I end up waitlisted?
Great question and similar to what I'm trying to do. Only I'm interested in the Boy bag and want to take advantage of the 10% discount along with bonus or triple points AND tax free gift. I want it all! Lol

MrsL

O.G.
Nov 12, 2007
I'm confused by tax free.. It's only tax free if shipping to an address (state) where Saks does not have a presence, right? TIA

No - not necessarily, some sales associates it's become more and more common in fact will ship it as a gift send in which the shipping address and adresee must be different from the billing name and address - it's been going on for years and it's an extra savings , hope this will never end !!!

skimilk

Oct 2, 2010
No - not necessarily, some sales associates it's become more and more common in fact will ship it as a gift send in which the shipping address and adresee must be different from the billing name and address - it's been going on for years and it's an extra savings , hope this will never end !!!

OMG is this for real? Do most Saks SAs do this? I know BG and Hirsch SAs do this for out-of-state orders but Saks NY? Can it be within the same state? Almost 9% in tax here in NYC is killing me LOL.

Kt00381n

May 25, 2014
i live in new york too and if you purchase a bag from saks in nyc you WILL be charged tax, thats why i only get from saks in different states.

If you buy from Saks Chanel as a gift and end up returning do they give money back on the same card it was charged? Or give credit for the person who was listed as a gift receiver?

I just bought two chanel bags as a gift. I would like to return one and curious if I will be credited the same way I was charged....