Waitinglist for Birkin, how long did you had to wait?

I put my name down in April 2011. Got my bag in sept 2014. Was initially told the wait would be 2 years. But it took 3.5 years.. Worth the wait?? Absolutely !! As I wanted to get one from Hermes and not resellers as I am terrified of fakes. For my Kelly I've been told 5 years !!!

So long what you got is the specs you like
The wait is worthwhile
However
5 years for a k?
Oh my hang on to your burning passion

Thanks for the encouragement! I think I will go for it...<fingers crossed>

I agree that you should go for it! I too was very blessed to meet a wonderful and kind SA that offered me my first B on my first ever walk-in to the boutique. And then, as crazy as that was, she called a month later and offered me a second B in my HG combo (black 35cm with GHW, togo)! I couldn't believe it! And this was with no purchase history, nothing. 2 Birkins! I have since purchased a few things from that boutique as they are just wonderful. I didn't get my Kelly from that SA/store because I was blessed again to be offered one from FSH in Paris, again with no purchasing or purchase history! That said, I do think if I had inquired with my home store SA, she would have tried her best to get one for me. So...nothing ventured nothing gained! Good luck! :graucho:

Last edited:
I put my name down in April 2011. Got my bag in sept 2014. Was initially told the wait would be 2 years. But it took 3.5 years.. Worth the wait?? Absolutely !! As I wanted to get one from Hermes and not resellers as I am terrified of fakes. For my Kelly I've been told 5 years !!!

I'm already preparing myself to wait for a long time for my perfect B as I already know the wait will be soooo worth it. The hardest part is having the Birkin funds at the bank and NOT to spend it on something else[emoji1][emoji1]

I love the wait, so I can put a bit of money aside during the wait...Well, I am still waiting...it's been 5 months now, I don't mind at all...

I'm waiting for my first Birkin now.
Told my SA two weeks ago what I want and now the wait has begun.
I don't mind the wait, just like flower said, I can put some money aside during the wait (that means if I can keep my promise and stick to my ban lol :P).

Wonder at what point you know when the wait has began and that you can put aside the money and stay on ban land for a while. Your SA told you specifically that she ordered it (the color you want) for you? Or she just asked what color you like? I always confuse about this. The thing is there seem like there has never been a waiting time for me nor has I had a break time to go to ban land at all..what I have experienced so far is only I told my SA what colors I would like to get and she told me to continue to build my acc and then one day she just told me she has this and that colors if I want to take it. If not, then wait for next one but while waiting I still need to build acc. So I'm kinda lost at how could one know when the waiting time begins

I have a friend, from another country, who consistently ask about B's at my local store whenever she visits during vacations. She supposedly put her name down a few times using her relatives local address, but has never heard back from any SA. She has been doing this for almost 5 years. One day, I decided to pop into the same store and see if I could put down my name to help her, figure it might up her chances. Met a SA who said he would call if something came in, I could tell he wasn't really going to be helpful, just verbally repeated, "Prefer a Birkin 35 gold with GHW, or any bright color with GHW, nothing in black." He didn't ask for my info. I had to offer my phone number and again he didn't write it down. I wasn't really disappointed since I was only trying to help, but I did find it offputting.

A few weeks later, I was having lunch in the area and decided to pop into the same store since I had time to spare. Instead of asking for my friend, I decided to browse and try on some bags. The SA who was assisting me, was super helpful. I tried on a Garden Party, 2 Toolboxes, and an Evelyn. I wanted the Evelyn, but it was in red and I wanted something in black. She wrote down my info and put down Evelyn in black, and also wrote down a few suggestions of neutral and dark colors that she thought I might like and can try them on if they happened to get some in stock. She explained that stock is sent by Paris, and they do not know when things will come in. Since I wanted something in black, she asked if I was interested in a Birkin 35, there was one in the back that a client decided to pass on since she wanted it in GHW. I followed her to a private area to try it on. Needless to say, it came home with me. I now know why my friend wants one so badly. I had to tell her. She couldn't believe it since she had been on the waiting list since 2010. I admitted that if it was in gold with GHW (her HG), I'm not sure I wouldn't have kept it for myself. Luckily for me, it was in black, a color she didn't want. Now, we are helping her look on the reseller's market. She said she will continue to put her name on the list.

I'm already preparing myself to wait for a long time for my perfect B as I already know the wait will be soooo worth it. The hardest part is having the Birkin funds at the bank and NOT to spend it on something else[emoji1][emoji1]

Totally understand what you mean about having the funds ready & not get tempted to buy something else!! I am lucky Dh was giving this to me as an extra special 40th bday gift.. I am hopeless!! Distractions are everywhere!!

Totally understand what you mean about having the funds ready & not get tempted to buy something else!! I am lucky Dh was giving this to me as an extra special 40th bday gift.. I am hopeless!! Distractions are everywhere!!

My B will be my 40th Bday gift toooooo!! Its the only reason to be excited abt turning the 4-0 LOL[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1] Praying she'll be in my hands in time!!!!!!

Dear friends......
it is monday and I fell sad..... why? Because I am still waiting for my first B. Today it is 1 year and 10 months..... I have new SA because my old SA finished in boutique. My new SA told me "maybe next year".
But I am patient, I will wait.
You can ask: "why are you so sad?" Because I have friend and his wife is personal shopper. And she is selling luxury goods on Instagram (Gucci, Dior, Chanel, Valentino.......and Hermes) . She is selling beautiful B 35 in new colour rouge poupre and also Kelly in lime and she bought them in my boutique.
So I am sad because I am waiting for my and only for me B..... and she is buying B and K and she is selling them.
I do not understand H selling policy.
Do you have same experience?
Thanks for let me share my story.

I'm still waiting as well...
I totally understand your frustration...
My SA told me one time one of the clients that comes to the boutique sells fake goods and the only thing they can do is try not to sell her things
Maybe if you have evidence then drop a hint on your SA by showing her the IG sale message.
This is another reason why I'll never buy from resellers: why should I pay rediculous premiums to reward people who makes my wait for my first B difficult.

Reactions: PJW5813 and DR2014
Dear friends......
it is monday and I fell sad..... why? Because I am still waiting for my first B. Today it is 1 year and 10 months..... I have new SA because my old SA finished in boutique. My new SA told me "maybe next year".
But I am patient, I will wait.
You can ask: "why are you so sad?" Because I have friend and his wife is personal shopper. And she is selling luxury goods on Instagram (Gucci, Dior, Chanel, Valentino.......and Hermes) . She is selling beautiful B 35 in new colour rouge poupre and also Kelly in lime and she bought them in my boutique.
So I am sad because I am waiting for my and only for me B..... and she is buying B and K and she is selling them.
I do not understand H selling policy.
Do you have same experience?
Thanks for let me share my story.

I'm still waiting as well...
I totally understand your frustration...
My SA told me one time one of the clients that comes to the boutique sells fake goods and the only thing they can do is try not to sell her things
Maybe if you have evidence then drop a hint on your SA by showing her the IG sale message.
This is another reason why I'll never buy from resellers: why should I pay rediculous premiums to reward people who makes my wait for my first B difficult.

Resellers are just big spending clients, they buy a lot of stuff in order to get access to the bags. Many people go to a reseller to avoid the wait you've both described. It's usually less expensive than building a purchase history at a store. If you're tired of waiting or don't want to buy things to "move up the list" there are bags out there.

I wouldn't report resellers to the store, at my local store a client reported another client as a reseller incorrectly and it wasn't a good look. It made her seem competitive and petty in addition to being wrong.

So far I get my bag within 6 weeks from the time my SA requested. But both times my first choice was not available and I settled for second choice. They ain't lousy choices. But not my first.

I hope all our prayers can be met and everyone gets their HG soon.

Nowadays I think to view a request for a Birkin or Kelly as a "waiting list" will lead to disappointment. Bags aren't just offered to the next person who is on a list - other criteria are used.