Waiting list - icon classic flap

Viciada

Mar 28, 2012
Hello!!
I would love to share my story with you! First of all, I love this forum and I thank you all TPFers for being so kind and helpfull.
I'm brazilian. Here in my city there are 3 boutiques, but it's impossible to buy here cause the prices are much higher than US or Europe, due to high taxes. For example, a m/l classic flap nowadays costs about US$6.500.
Well, I have started my addiction to Chanel bags a year ago. My collection so far:
- red lambskin WOC shw
- mini flap black caviar shw
- mini flap gold lambskin ghw (kind of a matte gold, brushed. don't know the exact name)
- small black lambskin Chevron shw

Well, as I only have small bags, I don't use as everyday bags, cause I carry a lot. The bigger is the chevron, but I's so afraid that the lambskin scratches....

I have plans to go to Chicago next July, so I'm already planning the next purchase!!! :biggrin:
As I dont have any classic flap, that's what I'm dreaming to have.
My question ins: do I really need to have my name on a waiting list to get a black caviar jumbo??? If yes, do you recomend a boutique or a seller like Neiman Marcus?? (all my bags are from Neiman).
I still have time to get a black jumbo for end of June, beggining of July???
Thank you very much for your help dear friends!!! And sorry for my english....:shame:

purseswoon

Jan 8, 2013
Washington DC
Sorry, no advice on Ch boutique vs NM, but I would recommend that you get your name on the waiting list soon, just to make sure you get exactly what you want.

kix55

Jan 31, 2012
I would choose NM bc of their longer return policy compared to chanel boutiques and from my experience never had trouble finding my classics at NM.

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
Apr 13, 2012
I would definitely contact them to let them know what you wanted and when to make sure they had it in at that time. They might need to transfer it from another store or such, and it would be a shame if you missed out. This is regarding NM, not the Boutique; NM would be better about calling around etc. to get the bag I think.

bunnyr

100jellybeans
Jul 17, 2012
Bloomingdales at ma is also good if they can ship to where you're staying.