Waiting for...THE RING...Anyone Else!?

I'm waiting too, but I'm very traditional and I want our engagement to be a happy time for us. We've been dating for nearly 10 years (HS sweethearts, something I never expected), but because the economy has been so tough, my bf has been unemployed for 2 years and I just recently escaped the retail/food service world even though I graduated from college 3 years ago. We live in a decent part of Southern California too so that isn't easy on what little money we're making. I just hope things will look up. I'm blessed and thankful that life has dealt me a good hand in the new year, but I want the same for my bf before we get engaged. He has told me he has the money for the ring, but he worked hard for that money and I can't imagine him using his savings on a ring. I hope to come back to this thread in the latter part of the year and be able to bring the good news, but for now life is good and we're living that's the most important thing, hehe!

congrats gals!!

Ive been with my bf almost five years, known him for about one year before that but I'm not waiting for the ring...I'm not sure if i want to get married (with anyone that is) but I'm slowly growing into the idea of it with my bf...however...

can I just get the ring without the marriage commitment??? lol

:tup:
I'm waiting too, but I'm very traditional and I want our engagement to be a happy time for us. We've been dating for nearly 10 years (HS sweethearts, something I never expected), but because the economy has been so tough, my bf has been unemployed for 2 years and I just recently escaped the retail/food service world even though I graduated from college 3 years ago. We live in a decent part of Southern California too so that isn't easy on what little money we're making. I just hope things will look up. I'm blessed and thankful that life has dealt me a good hand in the new year, but I want the same for my bf before we get engaged. He has told me he has the money for the ring, but he worked hard for that money and I can't imagine him using his savings on a ring. I hope to come back to this thread in the latter part of the year and be able to bring the good news, but for now life is good and we're living that's the most important thing, hehe!

jeNYC I don't see why not!!!! :P

ejoy43 I'll be looking forward to your update post! :smile: SO was jobless not long before we planned to get my ring... Even though he got another job a few weeks later... I still felt bad and told him we can wait until he felt comfortable spending that amount or find another ring in the responsible budget... we ended up with the latter and I couldn't be happier! He mentioned an upgrade down the track so I'm :tup:! :smile:

Thank you Missie!!!!!!! ((hugs))
You are getting married this year or 2012? In hawaii right?

I'm getting married in roughly 3 months!! This July!! And we had a few illnesses in the family which stopped us from getting married in Hawaii so we're getting married locally but honeymooning in Hawaii for 14 days. We'll be island hopping to 4 different islands!!

I'm getting married in roughly 3 months!! This July!! And we had a few illnesses in the family which stopped us from getting married in Hawaii so we're getting married locally but honeymooning in Hawaii for 14 days. We'll be island hopping to 4 different islands!!

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your family members. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous wedding!! Keep us posted.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your family members. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous wedding!! Keep us posted.

Uncomfortably I lost a family member so we had put our plans on hold for a bit. But now we're back on track and elbow deep in planning and moving into our new house. I can't wait for it to be July 1st!!