Waiting for payment..... how long?

  1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. it's been years and years since i've sold something on ebay. I recently just listed a cell phone. the auction ended last saturday (feb 6). I still have not gotten payment. On monday I sent the buyer an invoice as a reminder and still nothing. Today I sent them a personal note (from ebay) saying "this is just a friendly reminder that you have not paid.....etc etc." and then asked that they let me know if they plan to pay soon so that i could get everything prepared to ship.

    how long should i wait for them to pay before i give them a non-payment strike? they only have a feed back of +5 and most of those comments says "FAST PAYMENT!" and i really don't want to lose a chance for someone to take a second chance offer if that's the route i have to go.
  2. I'd open up a NPB dispute now if i were you, this will give them another 4 days to pay i believe , then they'll get a strike if they still don't pay up, just don't relist until the dispute is closed or you may end up with 2 buyers wanting to pay !
  3. I would have opened it up 4 or 5 days after non payment. Esp with no response.

  4. I also put my payments requirements in my listing. If they don't pay by then I send them a reminder. After that it is NPB.

    I would also do a second chance offer to someone else or relsit it.
  5. I have had this happen once...I waited 4 days, sent an email via ebay that if I had not been contacted within 24 hours I would open a NPB dispute.

    I ended up never hearing from the person, opened the case, closed it a week later and got my fees back, relisted it...and it sold for more then it did the first time!
  6. I only wait the 4 days that ebay allows for the buyer to pay...unless the buyer contacts me but if I do not hear from them then I file on the 5th day.
  7. thanks everyone! if i don't hear by them tomorrow then I will file a NPB tomorrow night. the next lowest bid was only a couple dollars less so i would be happy if i did a second chance offer with that bidder and they accepted it.