Waiting for Noix but now deciding between Pourpre and Galet?

chaoyichien

Oct 15, 2008
Hi all,
I have a Noix city pre-order which will not arrive until September.
Now I'm tempting to get a bag while I'm waiting..
However I can't decide between Galet and Pourpre,
Will Galet be too similar to Noix?
The reason I'm considering Pourpre is that I don't have any red bags in my current collection.

I need some advice here, thanks!!!

I would go for Pourpe. Pourpre is divine. I am getting a Pourpre Day bag in September as well as a Chataigne club bag. Those will be my two last bags for this year. I honestly don't think Noix is too similar to Galet. Galet is Gray and Noix is a true Mocha color.

I would also go for Poupre. I have a Galet City and am waiting on a Noix City as well, but I also have a Tomato City which is my "red count" in my bbag collection.

Some say that Galet and Noix are too similar, but I have to disagree since my Galet errs on the side of Gray more than Beige.

Anyhow, since you don't have a red, Poupre is the perfect red to start with. It's not as bright as other reds.

Galet is my favourite colour of the new season but, since you're going to get Noix, I would suggest getting Pourpre for your other bag instead. It'll be nice to have some colour as a contrast, instead of getting two neutrals.

I SAY POURPRE!!! :biggrin:

I don't think Galet and Noix are similar, although both neutral enough to go with basically anything. Maybe you can try playing with the Hardware choices to make them more different, or get different styles etc. But between Galet and Pourpre, I would definitely get Pourpre if I can only choose a bag from both colors. Because Pourpre is GORGEOUS!! :love:

Thank you all for the inputs.
You guys just nailed my thoughts over the past few days.
I KNOW I should add a red bag in, but I'm not sure if Pourpre is that red.
I'm not the biggest fan of the berry kind of red.
And Galet is a beautiful color I just can't stop thinking of it.

I swear I'm not that indecisive before I met Bal...:Push:

Thank you all for the inputs.
You guys just nailed my thoughts over the past few days.
I KNOW I should add a red bag in, but I'm not sure if Pourpre is that red.
I'm not the biggest fan of the berry kind of red.
And Galet is a beautiful color I just can't stop thinking of it.

I swear I'm not that indecisive before I met Bal...:Push:

I think you answered your question with that one sentence! :biggrin:

If Pourpre is not the red for you, don't get it. I've been hunting for the perfect red for ages - and, when it's just not right, I realise I don't use it at all. So, keep hunting... And, if you love Galet (as I do), then get it. I think it's a really beautiful neutral that will stand the test of time.

Thank you, Tooomz and MichK.
MichK you're so right, I actually just sold a red bag not long ago hence ended up with zero red bag now. I couldn't help but feeling wired when I carried her, I realized it's not the perfect red for me.

Since I have 3 Citys and 1 PT, I'm leaning toward the Galet Day.
Am I doing the right choice?

^^ Is a Day a bag you like? If you're a City gal, I see nothing wrong with having another City... sometimes, when you add a different style just for the sake of having a different style (and it's not something you love), you may not land up using it. But, if a Day's a style you like too, then I think a Galet Day is a great choice. Frankly, I think Galet looks great in every style!

I chose a Galet Day over Pourpre Day, because the Day bag is worn close to the body and since I wear lots of bright colors and reds too, I didn't want the bag and my clothes to clash. However, if you wear lots of neutrals, the Pourpre Day is perfect if you want some pop.