Waiting for new boots!

Black_Swarmer

Dior Dragon
O.G.
Dec 29, 2007
I've been wanting the Janis boots in grey since they came out and I've been eyeing them everywhere I've seen them ... In London I finally got to see them IRL and try them on, but I didn't get them there since something else came in the way :P But just now I went to look at them at Bluefly - again - and they had them in my size with an extra discount and I just caved in ... so now I will just have to be patient (not my strongest side ...) and wait for them to arrive! I had to use a myus.com adress to get them so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will perhaps clear the Danish custom without me having to pay a small fortune to 'free' them! :smile: We'll see about that but I can hardly wait to get my hands on them :nuts:

Congrat's. They look so pretty - they are on the US presale but as much as I like them I have thick calves and can't trust buying tall boots unless I see reviews on the fit first. They will be worth the wait...hope they clear customs without any steep fees and without any delays!

Excellent, well done.

I think one always needs to try things on before ordering.

I don't know whether to be happy or sad I blue - fly don't ship to Europe :shrugs:

Can't wait to see modelling pics :graucho:

Awesome -those are seriously cool boots! Vacaville outlet had them in again, but I have no idea what sizes -- just saw the display model but was on an evening shoe search so restrained myself;)

I have them, I got them from the Gucci outlet. Here's a pic to tide you over until they arrive!

Guccibrownboots.jpg

Thanks everybody :biggrin: I will do a proper show-and-tell when I get them!

lorihmatthews - gorgeous! :yahoo: Do you mind me asking how much you paid for them at the outlet?
Unfortunately we have no outlets here so we have to rely on internet shopping or the sales (we do have a Gucci boutique), but by then everything is pretty much gone ... that is why I caved when I saw them at Bluefly - I just think that they had them listed with an incorrect price, some 1,800 USD which I believe should have been 1,350 USD? (however that convinced my DH that it was almost the deal of the year so I somehow forgot to mention that I believed the 'before price' to be wrong :graucho:)

lorihmatthews - gorgeous! :yahoo: Do you mind me asking how much you paid for them at the outlet?
Unfortunately we have no outlets here so we have to rely on internet shopping or the sales (we do have a Gucci boutique), but by then everything is pretty much gone ... that is why I caved when I saw them at Bluefly - I just think that they had them listed with an incorrect price, some 1,800 USD which I believe should have been 1,350 USD?

Thank you! :heart:

I paid $589 plus tax for mine at the outlet, the price on the box is listed at $1,480.

Thank you! :heart:

I paid $589 plus tax for mine at the outlet, the price on the box is listed at $1,480.

:faint: Ok, don't know how much your taxes are - but not nearly as high as ours, I know that much! They went for 914 USD at BF so they are still quite a lot cheaper than what I would have paid for them in London (if it doesn't get caught in customs ... do NOT want to do the math on that one!) Thanks for the info! :biggrin:

:faint: Ok, don't know how much your taxes are - but not nearly as high as ours, I know that much! They went for 914 USD at BF so they are still quite a lot cheaper than what I would have paid for them in London (if it doesn't get caught in customs ... do NOT want to do the math on that one!) Thanks for the info! :biggrin:

The tax rate where I bought them was 8.375%, if I had bought them in San Francisco it would have been 9.5%. Bluefly prices aren't as good as the outlets, but that's not just with Gucci but other brands as well.

And they have arrived :yahoo: will take some shots for you tomorrow - it's way to dark to take any decent pics now ...

I got a little 'scared' when I first tried to put them on since they were so tight around the wrist and my heel just didn't slip in - it helped when I tried them with some thinner socks :biggrin: I think they will adjust when I start wearing them, the ones I tried at Guccis in London were just fine getting in and out of. Guess what I will be wearing tomorrow ;) Pretty grey boots!