I posted earlier that my brother's Shih Tzu was supposed to sire a litter from his friend's female Shih Tzu. Well it didn't quite work out this round (so to speak..) They are saying she wasn't ready & poor Mo (my brother's dog) couldn't "do the deed". My brother was going to get pick of the litter~ which he was giving to us because he doesn't want a second dog right now. I'm kind of bummed. I really had myself worked up about getting a puppy ( I don't know if it's more for me or my kids!) They are going to try again the next time she comes into heat. My question is, how often is that? I'm wondering if it's too long, if I should start looking for another puppy or if I should wait it out. THX!