Waiting.....2 Questions

memyselfI

May 16, 2007
So I am home waiting for Fedex to bring me the secret label in Patent. I am getting alittle nervous. I know we have said it looks cheap or fake with that label on the bottom, but something tells me I am going to like it. I just don't want anyone to think I am carrying a canal street knockoff. Should I keep it or should I just exchange it for the patent jumbo I had my SA special order for me? I was totally not getting the secret label until my SA/friend called me all excited that she had one and I should take a look at it because it was so cute. She didn't want me to miss out and if anything I just return it and wait for my patent jumbo. AAAAHH What to do???? My SA only sent it because I was not going to get a chance to get into the store to look at it and we are on the same page when it comes to what I like. Keep it or exchange it??????

Question #2
Can I use my Melrose cabas now? I mean-are there rules on vinyl bags? I used my black cabas whenever, so I just want to make sure there are on rules.

To be true i use my Vinyl Cabas all year so i don't think there's any special rule to follow!!As for the Secret Label,the only valid rule is "KEEP IT IF YOU LOVE IT!" :lol: I wouldn't really mind about others' opinions if i liked a certain bag...:girlsigh::flowers:

Hey J... I was wondering where you were..
#1 wait til you get both and compare them and the one that you like the least let it go.. IMO I think the hidden label is not as classic and the jumbo classic.. I think in the long term the regular patent jumbo is the best investment..

# go ahead and wear that melrose cabas..vinyl can be worn all year long, IMO vinyl is not season "specific" KWIM
T

Hi memyselfl :smile: - Helpful SA you have there.

I almost got the secret label patent in black but changed my mind at the last minute as I kept on vacillating on the label at the bottom of the bag (I don't have the privilege of getting a bag and returning it later if I decide it doesn't suit me). I felt that the label was too trendy and was a distraction. Personally I'd go with the jumbo, which I feel you must really love if you had it specially ordered.

But agree with stefyp that you should keep it if you love it regardless of what anyone else thinks. So like addisonshopper said, if you are able to, perhaps you should decide whether to keep it or let it go when you get your Jumbo. Good luck! :smile:

First and foremost whatever you buy, it's you who must love it. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

That said, imo, the jumbo will go the distance time-wise. You will not one day wake up and think this bag is trendy, not sophisticated enough at this stage of my life.

Which bag do you see yourself carrying in 15 years? The answer to that question often is the deal breaker when I'm stuck on the fence.

^ agreed! i definitely see myself using my jumbo in 15 years' time, i'm not sure about the vinyl b/c from my past experience (i used to own vinyl bags when i was younger), they never lasted for years and got sticky and gets stains/dirts easily. the secret label imo, looks a bit tacky with the loud label at the bottom. i thought you could get away with it since it's at the bottom but unfortunately the label can be seen. recently i saw this lady all dressed up and she carried this bag. the quilting is smaller on the secret label and the bottom could be seen from a mile away but that's just my opinion... go with what your heart feels!! good luck! post pics when you get them! ;)

I have to agree with everyone else here, the jumbo patent will be a classic and worth waiting for, I'm not too big a fan of the secret label bags only keep it if you love it IRL.

Hi memyselfl, I saw the secret label in person at my local NM last weekend, and I can honestly say that I don't love it at all. In fact, I felt that the material of this secret label flap (patent leather, I believe) is very stiff and looks cheaper than normal Chanel patent flap. The inner lining of the secret label flap isn't leather either, it's only canvas. If I can choose, I think I will get the patent jumbo instead. Just my 2 cents. :P