waited 20 years for this reveal...my story

This surely must be one of the most delightful stories I've read on the Purse Forum since I joined in 2009. Heartfelt congratulations on your caramel beauty - I'm so proud and happy for you, lovely lady.

I was a very young 20 year old girl from a very small town, naive and ready to take on the world. I made my very first hour train ride into to the city. I had an appointment to get my hair cut and blown out by a real stylist. Wow was I thrilled. Although I did not know what a blow out was at the time I would go with it.....lol

The salon was beautiful...the people were beautiful. One lady stood out. She wore black and had the most amazing diamond studs and this handbag that looked like caramel. I had to have this bag. I mustered up all the courage I could and asked where she bought this bag. She looked at me and said." oh dear next door at Hermes"

I all but skipped away thinking I will get when I am finished.

I finish my hair cut... I get a blow out. (oh, thats what it is) I look like Cindy Crawford in my head. I sashay next door walk into Hermes ask about this beautiful caramel bag.

OOOOOHHHHHHH my heart sinks as I learn the price. Sad but determined I walk out that door knowing one day I would own this caramel handbag one day.

Well it is 20 years later and this weekend I will walk into that same salon with my diamond
studs and caramel handbag.

this story brought tears of joy to my eyes.... congrats on your dream bag kellyh!!!!!!!! i love it :love::tender:

absolutely amazing bag. and the story just reminds me of the power fashion has and how much it influences our being and who we are and how we want to be portrayed by others. wear it in good health. amazing bag for an amazing woman!