waited 20 years for this reveal...my story

kellyh

Apr 20, 2015
I was a very young 20 year old girl from a very small town, naive and ready to take on the world. I made my very first hour train ride into to the city. I had an appointment to get my hair cut and blown out by a real stylist. Wow was I thrilled. Although I did not know what a blow out was at the time I would go with it.....lol

The salon was beautiful...the people were beautiful. One lady stood out. She wore black and had the most amazing diamond studs and this handbag that looked like caramel. I had to have this bag. I mustered up all the courage I could and asked where she bought this bag. She looked at me and said." oh dear next door at Hermes"

I all but skipped away thinking I will get when I am finished.

I finish my hair cut... I get a blow out. (oh, thats what it is) I look like Cindy Crawford in my head. I sashay next door walk into Hermes ask about this beautiful caramel bag.

OOOOOHHHHHHH my heart sinks as I learn the price. Sad but determined I walk out that door knowing one day I would own this caramel handbag one day.

Well it is 20 years later and this weekend I will walk into that same salon with my diamond
studs and caramel handbag.

Attachments

• photo (20).JPG
    photo (20).JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 2,563
Kelly I love this... I, too, spotted an Hermes bag at about the age of 21 or 22, in New York City. The most sophisticated looking woman I had ever seen was carrying a gold ostrich Bolide just outside of Bergdorf Goodman. I watched her walk past me, stood there paralyzed with indecision for a couple of minutes, and then ended up running after her down the street because I would worried I would never know with the bag was and it would haunt me not to know!!! She must've thought I was a little crazy, but it was the most beautiful bag I had ever seen in my life (her outfit was perfection too). I resolved then and there that I would buy it one day, but it took me a loooooong time to do so (sadly not that exact bag though). I'm so happy for you!!!!