Waist List for Iconic bags: NEW Customer, out-of-townie

appleatcha

Jan 21, 2017
Hey y'all! First of all, I'm a (soon-to-be-hopefully) first-time Chanel customer, so any help/advice is greatly appreciated :heart:

I'm planning on visiting a boutique in the near future to be wait-listed for a jumbo black caviar classic flap SWH. My problem is that I'll be visiting from (waaaaay) out of town for only a few days, and I know the wait lists can be pretty long, so I wouldn't have time to wait to pick up the bag. Nor would I be able to just drive back to the boutique to pick it up. I was hoping I'd get wait-listed and then have the bag mailed to me when it arrives. That's the answer I got when I replied to a question in another post about wait lists, but now I'm concerned becaaaaaaauuuuuse:

I'd emailed Chanel CS about the wait list procedure and was told that, "regrettably,"
they will not mail any iconic bags to wait list customers.

Does anyone know if the securities and procedures have changed, even if you physically walk in and get on the wait list for an iconic bag? Does it depend on the boutique and/or SA's and manager approval at a boutique?

I'm just wondering how out-of-town customers, who have the money ready to spend, are supposed to get their bags when the nearest boutique is, say, 9 hours away :confused1::hrmm::annoyed:

True the policy is not to ship Classics. Maybe you can call the boutique ahead of time, either list now and pick up when you go or possibly explain when you go in that you will need it shipped when it's available because you are visiting and have no boutique near you. Since you went in person the SA or Manager maybe willing to accommodate, But I'd definitely start be talking to someone directly at the boutique you intend to go to.

True the policy is not to ship Classics. Maybe you can call the boutique ahead of time, either list now and pick up when you go or possibly explain when you go in that you will need it shipped when it's available because you are visiting and have no boutique near you. Since you went in person the SA or Manager maybe willing to accommodate, But I'd definitely start be talking to someone directly at the boutique you intend to go to.

Thanks for the reply. I've heard that Chanel pulled or is pulling from department stores and sticking with their stand alone boutiques. Which is disappointing because I can get to Saks in no time [emoji30]

Has anyone else had a similar experience: visiting a boutique on vacation perhaps, and explaining the situation to need having a classic shipped?

I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around all this. I know it's a high end house, and they want that exclusivity and allure, but if a customer walks in, cash in hand, would they not try to accommodate that customer?

Thanks for the reply. I've heard that Chanel pulled or is pulling from department stores and sticking with their stand alone boutiques. Which is disappointing because I can get to Saks in no time [emoji30]

Eh that's been a rumor for a while now. If you can do Saks and the Saks by you carries Chanel drop in there and inquire how long the list is. Or if you can use a recommended Saks SA and have it shipped as Saks will ship Classics.

I don't have to buy from a boutique. I just assumed that was the only way to go for a classic jumbo flap, as a new customer. Newby alert!

Ahh makes sense! But I'd call big department stores you don't have in your state so they can ship to you. And you get to save a large chunk of money on taxes haha. You don't have to be an established costumer to buy over the phone. At least for SAKS. I'd call the one in New York. They usually have a ton of classic flaps readily available