Waffling a bit...

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Hi everyone!

I bought the large Single in black two weeks ago and haven't used it yet. While I love the bag in theory (so pretty), I am waffling somewhat over the size and usefulness of the Single. I do want something on the small/medium size that isn't too heavy once I've placed everything in it. I have been contemplating the small Cecilia and the Vera.

Do you guys have other MJ suggestions for me? I may keep the Single, but wanted to see what else is out there currently that might fit the bill.

Thank you!

:smile:

I am very new to MJ but I have always liked the small Cecliia. I say get that one and then see if you still feel the same way about the Single. If you don't then return it.

the Lg Single can take some getting used to, esp if you're used to using larger bags. I actually sold mine because I felt it was too small for me. Once it was gone, however, I started to regret that decision whenever I was running errands and wanted something smaller to carry with me. Luckily, I was able to replace mine (same color!) and it's one of the better decisions I made.

You have to realize that it is a smaller bag and it's not meant to hold everything we carry inside of our larger bags -- if you just put the essentials inside and carry on days you want something light, you may find that it's actually the "perfect bag"

The Vera has actually been getting a lot of attention lately - it appears to be slightly larger than the Lg Single, so maybe that bag might be the way to go instead of the Lg Single. If you're still torn and have a hard tie parting with the Lg Single, try putting just the essentials inside (i.e., your wallet, phone, keys) that you might take with you when running quick, short errands, and see how that works. If you still feel it's too small and not meeting your needs, you may want to return it and look for the Vera or something a little bit larger

OK I have both the Large Single and the Vera...

The Large Single is very light to carry, but then again because of the size you can't fit too much into it anyway so the weight will never be too heavy.

The Vera fits heaps more into it, and I guess it is heavier than the single but probably because of the more stuff in it!

I guess it depends what you normally carry with you and what you want to put into your bag. If I use the large single, I can fit a ZC, a smaller cosmetic case, iPhone, sunglasses, keys. Have a look at my Vera thread to see what I can fit into it, it is a ton more.

However the styles between the two are totally different IMO. The single is more classy and the Vera more casual. Of course the single does work with a casual outfit too, but if you want a bag that can translate from day to night, then the single is a better option.

If you want more of an everyday bag, and want to carry with you a few essentials past just your wallet, phone, keys and maybe a few cosmetics, then I say go for the Vera.

HTH!

I have both the small Cecilia and the large Single. I use my Cecilia on a daily basis and the large Single on weekends or running errands. For me, both bags are light even when I have the Cecilia filled to the brim. Are you planning on using the bag on a daily basis and how much do you carry?

I agree with iluv, the large Single does take some time getting used to, but I think you find it much more useful once you start using it. I like the large Single since getting things in and out is easier than the Cecilia.

I think that the Vera is a great and fresh alternative to the Single if you want to carry a little bit more and still have the look of a Single. If you are look for a new bag altogether, then the Cecilia might be the way to go.

the vera is a great bag, but the size is so similar to the large single. if the latter is not really working out for you, the vera might not be the best alternative. i think once you streamline your stuff and carry less, you'll find it's quite liberating, and use the large single a lot more. like shop said, the cecilia would be a fantastic choice for something a little different.

i did check out similar bags handbaglover has..the vera looks a little roomier in similar shape and size. the large single has def been on my mind though. g luck on which one u would chose. i hate it when that happens when i cant decide. have u taken it out for a little trial?

Thanks for the advice everyone!

After work, I drove out to Tyson's Galleria to check out some MJ bags at Saks and Neiman's. I didn't see the Vera, but saw the small Cecilia. I tried on the Cecilia with my things, but didn't love it. From that, I think I figured out my issue with the large Single...I don't actually own a wallet! Instead of a wallet, I've used a LV personal agenda since 2002. The agenda completely fills up the Single, throwing off my impression of it. I ended up purchasing a MbyMJ wallet in blue violet, which looks like an electric purple (can't seem to take a picture that captures it's true color). So, I've decided to keep the Single after all! Who knew that all I had to do was buy a wallet ;)?

Attachments

• IMG_1715.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1717.JPG
    IMG_1717.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 39
yes, a wallet makes a world of difference!! I never carry my Agenda with me when I'm using my Single - it's one of the things I had to "sacrifice" carrying when I want something small and light (and I don't really need the Agenda when I'm carrying the Single anyhow)

You might also consider looking for a smaller wallet as well -- just to use inside of the Single. Then there will be more room for other "essentials" as well

your MbyMJ is gorgeous -- love the color!