wacky customer service rep at NM

mercer

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
I ordered a chloe edith bag a week ago. The next day i received an email cancelling my order as "stocks were depleted". I've been checking the boards here and it looks like several people have been snapping the ediths up as they've popped up irregularly on NM. I finally broke down and called NM and the insane woman tried to tell me that "all the chloe edith bags were cancelled. No one is getting one."

i explained to her that the bags have been appearing on the site all week. And that i know for a fact several people have been cancelling their orders (hint, hint, maybe i could take someone's place). but she insisted that all the ordered bags had been cancelled. yeah. right.

sooo frustrating. how could a customer service rep be so unhelpful?

Why on earth would they cancel all their Edith orders? This bag is in every major magazine and people are practically killing eachother to get one. SoCal is sending hers back...you might PM her and see if you can buy it?

NM seems to have bad cs reps... Perhaps she means that all orders from now on are cancelled? That's weird... Have you tried a NM store to see if you can still get on one of their lists?

I actually received a postcard from NM stating "Our vendor has delayed shipment. You may either consent to this delay or cancel this item..." This is probably why the CS said what she said. I think she just worded it wrong.

ETenebris said:
Someone posted that a NM store in Florida had the Edith bags...you might do a search here and give them a call.

That would be me :nuts: It was NM in Orlando, they had a chamois Edith on display and said they were taking pre-orders for whiskey and grey. This was last Monday, hopefully there are still some pre-order spots left!

407-264-5900, ask for Diana :biggrin:

Check Bergdorf Goodman's. Several weeks ago I had called them to get on a waiting list for an Edith, and got an e-mail today asking if I wanted to confirm my order. (I've decided against.)

mercer said:
I ordered a chloe edith bag a week ago. The next day i received an email cancelling my order as "stocks were depleted". I've been checking the boards here and it looks like several people have been snapping the ediths up as they've popped up irregularly on NM. I finally broke down and called NM and the insane woman tried to tell me that "all the chloe edith bags were cancelled. No one is getting one."

i explained to her that the bags have been appearing on the site all week. And that i know for a fact several people have been cancelling their orders (hint, hint, maybe i could take someone's place). but she insisted that all the ordered bags had been cancelled. yeah. right.

sooo frustrating. how could a customer service rep be so unhelpful?

I think it's just NM vice them cancelling all the orders. I have three ediths on pre-order (Yeah... I know... but at most I only intend on hanging on to two and they are in all different colors.) I got snail mail from them saying that it's still on, so that CS gal might not know what she's talking about.

Based on my previous experiences with NM online CS's... that explains it perfectly to me! I will probably never order online from them again because their service is crap. If anything, I plan on dealing only with the in-store SA's who actually may be worth their salt (this is still to be determined).