Waaaaahhh!!! Hole in cashmere sweater!

1. I discovered a hole in my favorite cashmere sweater, but now I've just discovred I can't find the extra thread that came with the sweater! :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

In case I find those threads are there any places that do reweaving for sweaters?

TIA~~~

2. Depends on where you are. Here in Chicago Without a Trace is fabulous. I have never had the threads and they have been able to match perfectly. Do a google search perhaps

3. I took mine to a higher-end dry cleaner in Dallas and they sent it out for reweaving....I couldn't even tell where the holes had been. I believe it cost about $30.

4. I've had this too...some uninvited guest is munchin' on our sweaters :-P. I'm sure a google search for a tailor/reweaver in your area would get you started! Best of luck!

5. Thanks for the recs everyone....I have located a reweaver near my area, I'm crossing my fingers that they'll be able to fix it. :sad:

I hate the stupid moths! I bought some herbal moth repellant, I hope it works!

6. Cedar blocks will do the trick too. You just need to replace them periodically.

7. Sorry to hear that :flowers:
    Hope you get it fixed soon.

8. Double post. sry ;)

9. At the end of every winter season....i dry clean my sweaters, and the zip them individually into Ziploc bags, and put them in the freezer for 3 days. I read somewhere that just drycleaning does not kill moth larvae, so the freezing insures that there are no nasty bugs on your sweaters. Then I just leave them individually sealed in their Ziplocs until the next winter comes around.

10. ^^^that's a neat idea! I lost one of my favorite cashmeres to those nasty moths last year...

11. Oh, no! A moth got my favorite sweater right in the boob. :sad: My mom stitched it up for me.

12. I brought the sweater to this French Reweaver today and she said that she'd try to mend it first and see what happens. The hole isn't too big and I managed to find a similar color cashmere thread so maybe she could use that.

13. Whoops...sorry double post

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice