waaaaah i feel like crying!! actually i am

Leap of faith, can I ask that you post pictures of your bag so that we can see how bad the dye transfer is? Replacing a panel is serious work, so unless it is a HUGE black mark, similar to a sharpie pen oozing all over it, I would not suggest doing that. Let's try a few things first before doing the complete transplant. Don't worry, we will figure something out. Also, are the dyes from your abaya natural dyes or chemical ones? That will make a difference as well. I'm no expert, but logic still has a place when it comes to leather goods.

thank you everyone for everything.. im guessing the paint idea is definetly a NO-NO then :nogood:

i think the best thing for me to do then is to use Lovinmybags (thanks Luccibag!)to redye the back panel, because even if hermes does redye it for me i will still have the problem of staining it again and again when i wear it, right? i think they look like a really great and proffesional company?

hermesmonkey sure i`ll post pictures of the bag when it arrives (which i think is going to take long since i have to initially wait for a post mail from them to be sent- so i can send them wire transfer money for the shipment of the bag- they cant send the mail by email so it looks like it'll take a week-10 days until i would be able to post the pics). About the abaya hmm im not really sure but im guessing its not chemically dyed but trust me it is serious damage! worse then a sharpies mark oozing all over.
You know what the funny thing is this whole darkening issue happened from the use of the bag on and off in only 3 weeks! God i wish i used baby wipes!

this may sound really stupid. but have u tried an eraser (rubber) on the stains? my mum does it to her orange birkin everytime she's ready to put it away. it can lighten some stains.

I have used Apple Leather Cleaner to remove the denim transfer on the Gold Togo side of my reversible belt and it worked extremely well. I followed it up with a moisturizing treatment like Blackrocks.

thanks all.. and thanks kelly_birkin for the hug your too sweet :heart:

docride i'll make sure i put up pictures as soon as i receive the bag back

(it so funny i have never put up a picture and now my first picture on this site will be of how dirty my birkin is :sweatdrop:.. i hope i dont get tpf banned because of this :P)

btw has anyone had any experience with Lovinmybags?? because I think thats the most probable route im going to take

i looked at lovinmybags and i like the fact they give you their physical address flat out. otherwise i would worry. hope they can help you. handle replacement i think is less than a thousand us but not sure.

aaaaah i know i must sound like a crazy lunatic running around trying to find a solution to my DILEMMA :P but my friend just told me i could go and mix an exact orange shade of my bag and just use house paint to cover the darkened sides at the back
does anyone think thats a BAD idea that i should not even consider.. or should i go ahead??

I would not do this. honestly I think this is a bad idea.

thanks all.. and thanks kelly_birkin for the hug your too sweet :heart:

docride i'll make sure i put up pictures as soon as i receive the bag back

(it so funny i have never put up a picture and now my first picture on this site will be of how dirty my birkin is :sweatdrop:.. i hope i dont get tpf banned because of this :P)

btw has anyone had any experience with Lovinmybags?? because I think thats the most probable route im going to take

Balenciaga girls are the most experienced when it comes to Lovinmybags, you might want to run a search on it. But since one of PFers had her 05 turquoise work ruined by them with redyeing ( and this bag is a holy grail of 99% of Balenciaga fans) I personally wouldnt even give them my handkerchief to wash it :tdown:

I would wait for an answer from hermes first. and another 2 good option to try that mentioned above are.. - try eraser ( it works like magic on my other chloe/ Lv/ B bag) or baby wrap? or apple conditioner?

Hope that helps..