waaaaah i feel like crying!! actually i am

leap of faith

addicted to the H
Aug 9, 2007
so i just got off the phone with Hermes SFH and after 10 weeks waiting for my bag to return from spa
they told me that they werent able to clean the color transfer/darkening of one side that had happened to it because of my dark clothes/jeans :crybaby:
this bag is my baby it was my very first birkin and in a great color orange!:crybaby::crybaby:
and now theyre sending it back, even if its a birkin i cant carry it because it just looks so bad from behind!
:crybaby:
can anyone pleaaase help me in what to do now? i dont know of any products or shops to send it to.. i just dont know what i'll do with it, im just soooo sad right now! i always thought hey no problem hermes can clean anything
now im going to be even more worried when i carry my other bags :crybaby:

leap of faith

addicted to the H
Aug 9, 2007
the costs dont matter i just want to be able to use it again..im sorry i dont understand what do you mean by panel? the color tranfer is on one side of the backside including the handles, is it possible to change the whole backside of the bag?

guccigal07

He is Risen
Jun 19, 2006
well if it happened to the back of the bag...they can replace the bag of the bag....meaning that entire piece.

call them...tell them to give you an estimate to replace the back piece....

but to replace the handles it will cost you like $1800 maybe..and I don't know about the back of the bag.

call and ask for an estimate for that...

but maybe you can get it back and try using other treatments.

but...def just ring them up quickly to ask for an estimate.

wow..how did it get on the handles?

leap of faith

addicted to the H
Aug 9, 2007
guccigal yes but you know what i did? i saw that it was getting darker and darker with each passing day in the summer(and maybe because it was togo so it picked up the color faster) so i thought its no problem a day or two before i leave paris i'll just drop it off for a spa! :sad: it never crossed my mind that it wouldnt be able to get fixed

leap of faith

addicted to the H
Aug 9, 2007
the handles got darkened from my black abaya sleeves! its so frustrating talking to them on the phone because everything just gets lost in translation so much, but tomorow i will defintely try to ask them about replacing things..thank you btw for answering my distressed questions your too kind!

gracekelly

The Red Queen
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
the costs dont matter i just want to be able to use it again..im sorry i dont understand what do you mean by panel? the color tranfer is on one side of the backside including the handles, is it possible to change the whole backside of the bag?

Yes, if cost is no object, then they can replace the panel. You won't have your bag for a long time, but it will be perfect.

Orange togo should be easy for them to match.

trama turgo

O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
If it costs too much to replace te parts I would try to clean it myself. If it doesn't work, in the end, I would dye the bag black, or eventually ask FSH if they would do it. I don't think they would, but you can always ask.

Pepper

Raisinette
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
Given how much it would cost to replace the handles and the back panel (money that could be put toward another bag), I would dye the bag black and wait for an opportunity to purchase a new one.