Vuitton site a pain to navigate?

LVGLITTER

Apr 21, 2009
Is it me or is this site slow and a pain to browse? The way you have to go back and forth just to view details seems so outdated. Or am I doing something wrong? I just can't click from item to item without it being a hassle.

Ok, so it's not just me. I hate to be negative but sheesh it's rather annoying! AND...they should have a person modeling each bag so we can get a perspective of size.

Anyway, you'd think LV would make this site VERY user friendly for us addicted gals.

You don't have to go all the way back to like handbags to see other handbags in the mono collection or whatever collection you are looking at. Its difficult to explain. At the top of the window it shows you what you are looking at and if you want to see more bags in that pattern you just click that pattern and it will take you back to the main screen with those bags in that pattern. This may not make sense. I am not sure if you are even talking about this or not.

Isn't there a HTML version of the website for non-flash support?

yes, it will automatically direct you there if it doesn't detect flash. the bad thing is that it doesn't allow purchases on the non-flash, and it does not have all of the items that appear on the regular site. it's still better than nothing IMO.

Their website is awful. Sometimes it takes an age for a category of items to load, for me. I've often had to close the page and start navigating to what I'm looking for from the home page all over again because it's taking so long to load.

I agree with the modelling pictures idea. So many sites have zoomable pictures, with lots of different views and modelling pictures available. You would think LV would realise that it's in their best interest to provide as many photos as possible (without obviously providing too many intricate details so as to assist the nasty counterfeiting visitors the site no doubt attracts!). I also hate how I can't properly browse it on my iPhone.

i agree. It is sooooo slooooooow. Like LVGLITTER says, someone should model the styles on the LV website so that we can see the proportions of the bag on the model before we purchase it. I go back and forth from the LV site to The Purse Forum Clubhouse for LV just to get an idea how the bag looks while wearing it. THANK YOU to all of the wonderful posters on this site who do reveals and model their bags. I can't even begin to tell you how this has helped me decide on begs.:flowers:

I think the best luxury house website out there is Gucci...very user friendly, very easy to navigate...tons of details about runway shows and house history...all designers should look to Gucci for website tips...it's been the best website for years.

It's a pain to browse the Aussie website! I can't even access some of the items because it doesn't have a scroll bar or something like that so I can see the succeeding items on a page. Frustrating.

It's a pain to browse the Aussie website! I can't even access some of the items because it doesn't have a scroll bar or something like that so I can see the succeeding items on a page. Frustrating.

I have this problem and I thought it was just because I have Firefox as my browser - some other sites that don't work well on Firefox are fine on Microsoft Internet Explorer (which I don't have on my home computer).

I think the best luxury house website out there is Gucci...very user friendly, very easy to navigate...tons of details about runway shows and house history...all designers should look to Gucci for website tips...it's been the best website for years.

I agree with you 100%. The Gucci website is the most user-friendly luxury designer website there is. The Coach website sucks, the Chanel website sucks and the list goes on and on.