Vuitton Employees are Not happy about shortage either.

LVGLITTER

Apr 21, 2009
Sorry to beat a dead horse but I feel bad for the SA's as some folks are not being nice at all. So I thought I would remind us they are suffering too through out this shortage ordeal. It's not their fault. Most of us get that. But some don't and are not being kind. I don't mean to preach, I just like to share information I have learned with everyone.

Most everyone understands supply and demand. Most of you know Vuitton did not expect to have such a great year due to the economy. Vuitton did not forecast for their extreme sales spike this year. Vuitton did not do this to create a frenzy, as that would be cruel to their employees. It has created more stress than we can imagine on their staff ....world wide. I spoke with Vuitton's operations managers and two store managers, one has been with Vuitton over 20 years. They all concur.

I have been in sales/marketing all my career. This type of situation for a luxury brand in a down market is more than rare. I wouldn't be surprised if it made it into the history books!! Should be better before the end of November with stock back to normal by Feb. 2011.

Have a great day!!

I'm sorry but the shortage doesn't mean the SAs need to be rude or unpleasant. Not all of them are, but I've had my share of dealings with certain SAs over the past few months. I've been in and out of LV at least 6 times, and some of them don't even want to deal with the customers. Yes, I ask if they have anything in stock yet, but it's because I want to buy something. So, to the SAs: don't be rude just because you're annoyed/mad that there isn't stock. I understand it's probably annoying to them, but I'm still a customer, and they should be glad I'm even in the store and haven't gone to another brand yet.

Sorry to beat a dead horse but I feel bad for the SA's as some folks are not being nice at all. So I thought I would remind us they are suffering too through out this shortage ordeal. It's not their fault. Most of us get that. But some don't and are not being kind. I don't mean to preach, I just like to share information I have learned with everyone.

Most everyone understands supply and demand. Most of you know Vuitton did not expect to have such a great year due to the economy. Vuitton did not forecast for their extreme sales spike this year. Vuitton did not do this to create a frenzy, as that would be cruel to their employees. It has created more stress than we can imagine on their staff ....world wide. I spoke with Vuitton's operations managers and two store managers, one has been with Vuitton over 20 years. They all concur.

I have been in sales/marketing all my career. This type of situation for a luxury brand in a down market is more than rare. I wouldn't be surprised if it made it into the history books!! Should be better before the end of November with stock back to normal by Feb. 2011.

Have a great day!!

Thank you for sharing. ITA.

I'm sorry but the shortage doesn't mean the SAs need to be rude or unpleasant. Not all of them are, but I've had my share of dealings with certain SAs over the past few months. I've been in and out of LV at least 6 times, and some of them don't even want to deal with the customers. Yes, I ask if they have anything in stock yet, but it's because I want to buy something. So, to the SAs: don't be rude just because you're annoyed/mad that there isn't stock. I understand it's probably annoying to them, but I'm still a customer, and they should be glad I'm even in the store and haven't gone to another brand yet.

True. That said, I haven't encounter those type yet but am sure they are out there.

I can only imagine how hard it would be to go to work everyday and have nothing to sell. I'm sure the SA's are as disappointed about the shortage as we are.

i spoke with my friend who is a SA at my local lv and he told me that this so called "shortage" is bogus...they are saving stock so they can have it all out intime for the holidays. im so over lv & their so called "shortage"... im disappointed in their services and quality.

SA vs. operations manager? I believe the operations manager who has been with them for 20 years and the store manager who has been there for 18 years.

Have a great weekend everyone...off to live life!

Most stores are closing early now due to the shortage. I know they are getting tons of phone calls in the stores asking for product so I'm sure it's not easy for them (they have no control over the situation). I have been told that the same people are calling three and four times a day asking for bags. The shipments are once a week and twice for bigger stores.

They are getting more stock for the holidays but will not be back to full stock again until late spring.

There is no reason for SA's rudeness but we all have bad days. I love my bags but at the end of the day they are just bags. I can always find other things to spend money on..

LV Glitter- Major kudos for so eloquently raising our awareness of the fact that this shortage doesn't just affect consumers, but the people at the frontline who actually have to field questions/demands about it everyday-glad to see people on the same page as myself about this. I've always viewed LV as a business (a spendiferous,amazing&pretty business, but a business nonetheless) and despite the expectations and reputations (not to mention prices to match) that it has acquied to match, it will still experience as many of the problems experienced by all businesses that are not meeting demand-sometimes I feel that people have LV on a pedestal and think it is immune to outside economic forces-as long as it's not holding our money to ransome,i think we should be patient and spare more of a thought for those SAs (but not the rude ones!) :-P

LV Glitter- Major kudos for so eloquently raising our awareness of the fact that this shortage doesn't just affect consumers, but the people at the frontline who actually have to field questions/demands about it everyday-glad to see people on the same page as myself about this. I've always viewed LV as a business (a spendiferous,amazing&pretty business, but a business nonetheless) and despite the expectations and reputations (not to mention prices to match) that it has acquied to match, it will still experience as many of the problems experienced by all businesses that are not meeting demand-sometimes I feel that people have LV on a pedestal and think it is immune to outside economic forces-as long as it's not holding our money to ransome,i think we should be patient and spare more of a thought for those SAs (but not the rude ones!) :-P

:biggrin:I appreciate your kind words and agree with you about not putting any business on a pedestal. Humans still run the business, humans are fallible.
I remember my first job in high school, which was in retail. The people who were nice were the ones I remembered, and really went out of my way to help. I couldn't wait for the disrespectful and rude to leave. That said, I treated them all the same. I do understand some of Vuitton's SA's seem to get on a high horse, which is a shame. I personally have not (in 17 years of collecting Vuitton) dealt with SA's like that. I shop all over the country and have been blessed with lovely SA's.

Anyway, I hope you have a great day!:smile: