Vuitton Cruise 2019

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
LOUIS VUITTON TO SHOW ITS CRUISE 2019 COLLECTION ON THE FRENCH RIVIERA
After traveling to Kyoto last year, Nicolas Ghesquière and co. are staying closer to home.

Since Nicolas Ghesquière assumed the top design role at Louis Vuitton, the French fashion house has made a habit of showing its cruise collections in all corners of the world. This isn't necessarily unique to Louis Vuitton, per se, with fellow luxury brands like Gucci and Chanel often taking the cruise season as an opportunity to treat showgoers to presentations in international locales like Florence or Seoul.

But Ghesquière does things differently, turning almost exclusively to iconic modernist architecture for his venues: Cruise 2017 was held at the mountaintop Miho Museum in Kyoto, designed by the celebrated architect, I. M. Pei, while Cruise 2016 took place at Rio de Janeiro's futuristic Niterói Contemporary Art Museum by the famed Oscar Niemeyer. This year, however, Louis Vuitton is staying a bit closer to home: Cruise 2019 will be shown on the French Riviera on May 28, reports WWD. (A spokesperson for the house did not immediately respond to Fashionista's request for comment.)

Per Ghesquière's inclinations, the broader location makes sense: In the 1920s and 1930s, the French Riviera was "a hotbed of modernist architectural innovation," according to Travel + Leisure. While Louis Vuitton's exact venue has not yet been revealed, we have some speculations: For starters, there's the E-1027, a modernist villa in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, designed and built in the late 1920s by the Irish architect and furniture designer Eileen Gray; Château de l'Horizon, another modernist villa on shores of the Golfe-Juan at Vallauris by the American architect Barry Dierks for the actress Maxine Elliott; and Le Corbusier's iconic beach home Le Cabanon, built in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin in 1951.

We'll update this post as we learn more, but in the meantime, we'll be itching to see what tranquil, modernist tricks Ghesquière has up his sleeve come May.

LOUIS VUITTON TO SHOW ITS CRUISE 2019 COLLECTION ON THE FRENCH RIVIERA
After traveling to Kyoto last year, Nicolas Ghesquière and co. are staying closer to home.

Since Nicolas Ghesquière assumed the top design role at Louis Vuitton, the French fashion house has made a habit of showing its cruise collections in all corners of the world. This isn't necessarily unique to Louis Vuitton, per se, with fellow luxury brands like Gucci and Chanel often taking the cruise season as an opportunity to treat showgoers to presentations in international locales like Florence or Seoul.

But Ghesquière does things differently, turning almost exclusively to iconic modernist architecture for his venues: Cruise 2017 was held at the mountaintop Miho Museum in Kyoto, designed by the celebrated architect, I. M. Pei, while Cruise 2016 took place at Rio de Janeiro's futuristic Niterói Contemporary Art Museum by the famed Oscar Niemeyer. This year, however, Louis Vuitton is staying a bit closer to home: Cruise 2019 will be shown on the French Riviera on May 28, reports WWD. (A spokesperson for the house did not immediately respond to Fashionista's request for comment.)

Per Ghesquière's inclinations, the broader location makes sense: In the 1920s and 1930s, the French Riviera was "a hotbed of modernist architectural innovation," according to Travel + Leisure. While Louis Vuitton's exact venue has not yet been revealed, we have some speculations: For starters, there's the E-1027, a modernist villa in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, designed and built in the late 1920s by the Irish architect and furniture designer Eileen Gray; Château de l'Horizon, another modernist villa on shores of the Golfe-Juan at Vallauris by the American architect Barry Dierks for the actress Maxine Elliott; and Le Corbusier's iconic beach home Le Cabanon, built in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin in 1951.

We'll update this post as we learn more, but in the meantime, we'll be itching to see what tranquil, modernist tricks Ghesquière has up his sleeve come May.
2019 already?? Time flies so fast....can’t wait to see it

Reactions: fabuleux
Thanks for the updates ...amazing location
Cruise is always the best season:heart:
Hello NG awaiting my invite to the show please:wave:

Yes I think my seat is next to you. Dream world

In that dream world, I'd still be saying "hello" from the parking lot! :wave::wave::wave:

200.gif

LV rep be like: You're not on the list. You can't sit with MarraC and shalomjude :rolleyes: