fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
From VOGUE US:

Louis Vuitton to Hold Its Cruise 2018 Show in Japan
JANUARY 9, 2017
by NICOLE PHELPS
cruise.jpg
Louis Vuitton will hold its Cruise 2018 show in Japan on Sunday, May 14th, 2017, Vogue Runway has learned. With Nicolas Ghesquière as artistic director of women’s collections, the house has staged its Cruise collections in Monaco, Palm Springs, and Rio de Janeiro.

Ghesquière visited Tokyo in late November, possibly to scout locations, and he reportedly traveled in Japan in between his tenures at Balenciaga and Vuitton.

Louis Vuitton has a long history with the country, having opened its first store in Tokyo in 1978 and collaborating with Japanese artists and designers including Takashi Murakami, Yayoi Kusama, and Rei Kawakubo.

The city and specific location of the Cruise show will be announced closer to the date.

FINALLY! I don't want to be rude, but the themes, the feelings and the motifs that the collections inspired by Rio, Palm Springs and Monaco were... well, personally a bit disappointing. I hope that this year we will have something more mature.

FINALLY! I don't want to be rude, but the themes, the feelings and the motifs that the collections inspired by Rio, Palm Springs and Monaco were... well, personally a bit disappointing. I hope that this year we will have something more mature.
We'll see! This briefly article rightly points out the long standing relationship between Louis Vuitton and Japan. Maybe an "animé" collection? That seems to inspire NG quite a bit! :smile: