VS Miraculous/Bombshell bra gaps at the top of cups!

jackie100

O.G.
Jan 17, 2007
I love the miraculous bra cause it turns me from an A cup to a C cup. I LOVE the 4" of padding! I need it! I love it!

Only problem is that it gaps at the top of the CUPS... I am wearing the right size. I'm a 30A but I'm wearing a 32AA which is the equivalent but it still gaps A LOT at the top of the cups. You know how the cup is supposed to be FLAT against your boobs? Well when I wear it there is a huge space there between the cup and my skin; like 1.5"! Yes I am wearing it at the tightest clasp. Yes I have adjusted the straps.

What does this mean? Am I so small that my boobies can't even fit into a 32AA at VS???

sailornep5

O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
SF Bay Area, CA
Don't feel bad. VS is notorious for not having bras that fit smaller girls. They typically form fit a C cup, and then just scale it down to create a B, A, AA cup...which means it isn't fitted to a real A/AA cup person. Hence, the gap. That's why if you're smaller, you are much better off going to a real bra company that specializes in petite sizes. Wacoal Petites (which you can find in Nordstrom), Little Bra Company (love them!), CK are all brands that do a good job with AA cups that actually fit and don't look like training bras.

My favorite bra that adds lots of natural padding is this one: http://www.lulalu.com/search.asp?Mode=Product&ProductID=104&PageNum=3

I'm a 32AA and that gives me a full cup size or more, with no gap.

This thread has a lot other options for you. Rarely has anyone liked a VS bra with a AA cup.

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-ward...ers-of-itty-bitty-titty-committee-315285.html

jackie100

O.G.
Jan 17, 2007
Don't feel bad. VS is notorious for not having bras that fit smaller girls. They typically form fit a C cup, and then just scale it down to create a B, A, AA cup...which means it isn't fitted to a real A/AA cup person. Hence, the gap. That's why if you're smaller, you are much better off going to a real bra company that specializes in petite sizes. Wacoal Petites (which you can find in Nordstrom), Little Bra Company (love them!), CK are all brands that do a good job with AA cups that actually fit and don't look like training bras.

My favorite bra that adds lots of natural padding is this one: http://www.lulalu.com/search.asp?Mode=Product&ProductID=104&PageNum=3

I'm a 32AA and that gives me a full cup size or more, with no gap.

This thread has a lot other options for you. Rarely has anyone liked a VS bra with a AA cup.

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-ward...ers-of-itty-bitty-titty-committee-315285.html
Thanks, its just that this VS bra has the most padding which I love. I think it really increases you by two cup sizes. The other bras only increase you by one... I prefer two sizes up since I'm so small. I need massive amounts of padding. This bra gives the biggest results cup size that I have ever seen.

May 29, 2008
Thanks, its just that this VS bra has the most padding which I love. I think it really increases you by two cup sizes. The other bras only increase you by one... I prefer two sizes up since I'm so small. I need massive amounts of padding. This bra gives the biggest results cup size that I have ever seen.
Mine does the same thing, but I love that damn bra! I usually wear a cami over it to hold the tops down. I wish there were a way to wear it with outfits that I can't wear with a cami though :sad: At least it helps sometimes!

ChiChi143

O.G.
Jun 13, 2007
New York
I'm a 36D and have the Miraculous bra and have no problems with a gap. It sits flush against my skin but maybe that's because I'm on the larger side? I love the shape this bra gives me. It doesn't make me look bigger but it does give me a nice "perky" look LOL

juneping

couch potato-ing
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
NYC
oh 30...means you have a very narrow body frame. i am 32...and i am asian. i tried Wacoal which is a very good brand at a prof bra store. they fitted me okay..then i made a trip to HK and i shop at a dept store. they lady told me my bra didn't fit me and i told her i got them at the prof bra store. she said the bra didn't fit asian body shape. and she showed me how. the difference was the cups of the bra i got in the US were too far apart...so my boobs looked they were going towards my arms side. and when i tried on the same Wacoal brand for asian...they fitted me so well. and boobs were looking straight if that make sense to you.
i always buy bras from HK since then.
in case you'll be traveling to asia in the future...

stephc005

O.G.
Aug 7, 2008
MD
i had the exact same problem which is why i never bought the miraculous bra. no matter what size i tried and how i adjusted the bra, it just wouldn't stop gapping, and for me, the AA was just as bad as an A on me.

i bought the new body by victoria push up bra and i love it. it's really soft, has padding (but not as much as the miraculous), and it actually does push me up, which has NEVER happened before!

Stacee

Dec 17, 2009
I used to work at VS and they say that you can go up in the band size and down in the cup size - but I don't actually think that it works this way. Perhaps if they had your correct size it wouldn't gap. Generally everyone I tried that trick with never had exact results.

Jul 14, 2008
^same.. it never works for me either. the bra proportions are totally off even if it technically 'fits.'

sailornep5

O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
SF Bay Area, CA
Okay, so someone else on this forum had suggested the Bitasaviss bra to add two cup sizes, but I never got around to ordering it. Today I was in my local bra boutique and saw they had some in stock. Holy mama! It has even more padding than the Bombshell bra, but it does a GREAT job at staying flat to your chest (and I'm 32AA)! It's really pricey but if that's what you're looking for, go for it. I tried it on in the dressing room and my husband said it looked like I had huge knockers....in a good way. ;)

They even make swimwear....I am seriously considering it!

http://www.bitasaviss.com/bitasaviss/opener.php

Nov 18, 2007
New York City
same here. i am 34 b and i'm seeing gaps in the miraculous bra! i'm very disappointed because it looks so weird. but i decided to keep mine because it definitely adds 2 more cups on me.

stephc005

O.G.
Aug 7, 2008
MD
^i wonder if the maidenform version gaps at the top like the VS one. what stores sell maidenform?