VPs from NM

techie81

No more shopping!!!!
Jul 8, 2008
Fun with acronyms. ;p I just got back from out of town and my beautiful black with red tip VPs were waiting for me, having just been shipped by NM last week. Opened the box, and they are actually a burgundy tip?? This is the second time they screwed up this preorder, so I'll probably just keep them, but did anyone else get the wrong pair? Or was the site just that vague that "red toe" actually meant burgundy? Or am I just confused, because I was under the impression that the red toe was the same color as the sole?

Did you try to order the black kid/nappa leather w/red toe, or black patent? A bunch of us ordered the black leather w/red toe a while ago (as pictured on the website) and got sent black SUEDE.

Yep, I was one of the ones that got the suede too when I had ordered the leather with red toe. Sent them back in July, and now I got the black kid with red toe. I really should take photos so I make more sense. ;p I just assumed that the kid was red, and patent was burgundy.

I don't think its the wrong pair actually. I ordered the nappa (well, the box says kid, so I guess kid?) VP's from Bergdorfs (which I think are the same thing as the one's that are on NM) and the tip is burgundy. I expected them to be though, because after seeing Karwood's gorgeous photos I was sold and knew what shoe I was getting. It doesn't specify the color of the peeptoe on the actual website. Saks carries the black kid leather with lipstick red tip though if you like those better.

I don't think its the wrong pair actually. I ordered the nappa (well, the box says kid, so I guess kid?) VP's from Bergdorfs (which I think are the same thing as the one's that are on NM) and the tip is burgundy. I expected them to be though, because after seeing Karwood's gorgeous photos I was sold and knew what shoe I was getting. It doesn't specify the color of the peeptoe on the actual website. Saks carries the black kid leather with lipstick red tip though if you like those better.

Oh good to know!!

yeah i was under the impression that black kid w/burgundy was much harder to find than black w/red, but i could be wrong. techie get out that camera! we'd love to see those pics!! :nuts:

I have the VP black leather with burgandy toe and I totally love them. IF you are still coveting for a pair with the red toes, Peter Tay has them at his store. PM if you need his contact info:

VP BLACK LEATHER W/ RED TOES

SU1HMDE2MTguanBn-1.jpg