VP Black Patent arrived from BG in terrible condition!!

OK, I can't let it go....it is 4:00am I cannot sleep. I just got finished taking close up shots of the joke of a shoe BG sent me and loaded them to a Picasa web link. Earlier tonight, I called BG customer service and told them my story. Luckily, I got a great associate who told me to e-mail a manager and include the pics. She completely understood and was so nice.

I told BG in the e-mail that I do not just want to return the shoes get a refund. I told them that I want them to FIND me a replacement shoe either at a NM store or through CL directly. I don't know how they will do it, but I will keep pushing until it is resolved. I told them that it unacceptable to receive a $770 shoe in that poor quality. Check out my picasa web link and you will see how I took out my frustration tonight with the close up photos.....
http://picasaweb.google.com:80/step...outinsFromBergdorfGoodman?authkey=3amZQAczV3Y

Also, I mentioned in my e-mail that I will be attending the Christian Louboutin signing in February in NYC at Saks and I was going to show Mr. Louboutin this damaged shoe I received from BG. I told them that I am sure he will be appalled that BG is selling damaged shoes for full retail price!!!

This is appalling. I would have cried.
Lynn, I am sorry you have to go through this!
I just saw the photos and cannot believe how they could have repacked these to sell for a full price.
They'd better find another pair fast! I don't think I ever want to give my business to NM/BG in the future, ever! They just don't treat their customers right.

Wow I am so surprised that NM/BG would send you a shoe like that. I've also received the black patent VP with burgundy tip from NM.com in fairly bad condition (twice). In fact, the 2 times that I ordered it, I called CS and complained and they were able to give me a 10% discount. But the damage on my shoes was not nearly as bad as the shoe that you received.
I am sure that you will find it again, it pops up on NM.com occasionally, but the problem with that is it will likely just be another a customer return.

Oh Lynn, I am so sorry you have had this experience. I cannot believe that they would sell the shoe in that shape. That is something they should just sell at their Last Chance stores. I have seen damaged merchandise there, but you know you are getting something you will have to have repaired, but there is full disclosure and extreme discounts. That pair of shoes should never have been sent out!
Way to go for your actions and follow up. They should give a significant discount for your aggravation and to make it worth your while to have the shoes repaired if you choose.

That is just awful. I was looking for these shoes as well and I remember when you were sent the link and how excited you were. I'm so sorry!! I hope you get compensated properly. Please keep us updated!!

That's terrible Lynn. Much worse than how I got mine. Mine looked like the glue did not adquately dry on the peeptoe and it came without a box. I was able to get a 10% credit. Good luck on your efforts to get a replacement.

That's terrible Lynn. Much worse than how I got mine. Mine looked like the glue did not adquately dry on the peeptoe and it came without a box. I was able to get a 10% credit. Good luck on your efforts to get a replacement.

That is crazy that you didn't even get a box. We are buying $770 shoes from BG/NM, not a $50 shoe from a cheap department store! I will absolutely take it to the top to report this quality error. Even though I LOVE the shoes and would even keep them for a discount, I want the management at BG/NM to know this is happening.....often.

Anyone else have a horror story from BG/NM online?

This is exactly what happened to my first pair, the black patent VPs arrived from NM.com in a plain white box, not the usual CL box. The box was obviously too small for the shoes because the top of the heel was all bent, so I called and complained and got a 10% discount. I ended up returning them anyway after I found a larger size, but the second pair were obviously returns because the patent leather has lots of scratches, I didn't bother calling a second time but it does still bother me. Although I refuse to return them again because that is one of my favorite classic CL shoes.

That is unacceptable :yucky: I agree about the bad quality control at NM/BG. I've heard many stories of people here on this forum receiving merchandise that has obviously been used and returned. Be persistent, Lynn! I'm sorry you're going through this :sad:Keep us posted.

Like Kamilla, my Manolos came in a plain white box without the MANOLO inscription on it. The box didn't even have a picture of the shoe on it. I was lucky that it was in new condition. That was from NM. I should really go and inspect my VP's for any defects. Mine was aslo a return because it has two stickers on the box.

^^^ITA. That is some BS. BG/NM has the worst quality control as far as their online department. I don't care if it was full price or 65% off, they should not be sending their customers s*it like that. There was a 40.5 up earlier, but not sure if it's still there. Regardless, I would call them (preferably in the AM b/c that's when they are usually nicest LOL) and let them know of the situation. Explain to them that it's your HG shoe too and that you were highly disappointed when they arrived. If you have to, you can send these photos to them! I would do it ASAP though while the anger is still fresh. KWIM? Like you would have bought those full price had they been in store. NM wouldn't have allowed those on the floor at full price!

Oh, and I wouldn't hesitate in sending a letter with photos to the Executive Offices (e-mail me if you want the contact info). I did that during the $280 yoyo situation and they sent me a nice apology letter along w/ a $50 gift card. Crazy part is the lady in the Executive office that handled my situation, her name was Asha. haha
You go Asha!!! Say it like it is!!!
But she is TOTALLY right! It is total BS. That shoe looks terrible! Be the biggest Bit** you can. Complain your butt off!
Those pics are making me mad!!

Oh my that's horrible! I'm glad you have spoken with CS at BG and I hope they replace your shoes soon! That has to be the worst when you find your HG shoe and it's unfit condition! I'm assuming that the shoes were returned and no one bothered to look in the box , because no one could have sent out those shoes if they knew what condition the shoes were in. Hugs! Chances.

Oh no Lynn:crybaby: I'm sorry to hear about/see your shoes. The ladies are right...you have every right to contact CS, the manager and the top execs at NM/BG. In addition to your email, I would also suggest a hand written letter of complaint. It's time consuming but will get results. It seems extreme but I (and my mother) have done it many times...this wasn't a complimentary service or a gift, YOU PAID FOR THEM! They need to get it together. Definitely keep us posted on what happens.