• Palm Springs mini

Votes: 57 52.8%
  • Montsouris bb

Votes: 51 47.2%

• Total voters

oceanz22

O.G.
Jan 23, 2011
I ended buying both. Still thinking which to keep. Any thoughts?

I like the look of montsouris bb it’s kind of love at first sight. But thinking the draw string may cause wear and tear in the future. PSM is popular and seem like a classic, I like the security of having a zipped closure as well.

5A3C088A-B3A3-453B-8872-FC8725ED9B9F.jpeg

I debated over the two for my daughter and chose the PSM for the reasons you stated. Also I have the Clapton, and while I love it, the closure sometimes comes undone when I stuff it, I feel like that might be a problem with the Montsouris as well.

I don't have either one, but I like the look of Montsouris. If I have to choose between the 2, I will pick the PSM because of the zipper and away from the draw string which will prevent from future worn out, broke or replace, etc.

I like montsouris more. PSM looks too much like a school bag to me, plus it's an extremely generic backpack design.

I've had my neonoe for 3 years and haven't had any issues with the drawstring closure. It still looks new. I've never heard of anyone having wear and tear problems with neonoe or noe drawstring closure, so I don't think montsouris would be a problem either.

At the end of the day, backpacks are not the most secure bags when worn on your back. It's pretty easy to fiddle with someone's bag, no matter the closure, without them knowing. I've had someone open my school bag waiting for the subway. One person bumped into my friend and me HARD, and while they "apologized," their friend unzipped my bag. My friend had only been to NYC twice, so while I asked her if she still had everything, she completely missed that someone was right behind me and going through my backpack. The other issue is that someone can easily slice your bag open with a box cutter without you ever knowing. This happened to someone I know, and they had a drawstring backpack.

Anyone who wants to steal from you will figure out a workaround with your bag, so I would just go with the bag you like most. In reality, there is no added security between styles.

Reactions: mocktail
5C7E8D93-903C-443F-8433-AD4D82900E4D.jpegI have both bags exactly as pictured. I feel they are different enough to keep both. I use the Montsouris BB like a crossbody bag mostly but like having the option to use as a backpack if I need to be completely handles free. When worn as a crossbody with the tie loose it gives me Petite Noé vibe which I love. I like the PSM for the more secured closure when worn as a backpack though. Not sure I’m much help.

Last edited:
I have the PSM and went to store to look at Montsouris BB fully expecting to love it based on pics. In person, it did nothing for me. It was just kind of wonky looking and lopsided unless you really played with it to get it just right. I will say the vachetta version seemed a little better looking than the black (but I prefer black bc its more carefree)- In this particular bag. plus the sharp corners might show wear rather quickly. I passed it up and am glad I have PSM. I did order MWT bumbag instead :smile:

I ended buying both. Still thinking which to keep. Any thoughts?

I like the look of montsouris bb it’s kind of love at first sight. But thinking the draw string may cause wear and tear in the future. PSM is popular and seem like a classic, I like the security of having a zipped closure as well.

View attachment 4878032
How do the straps lengths compare on the two? I never got the PSM cause it hit my bum when worn as a backpack. (I’m 5Ft)

I bought the montsouris in the PM size. I prefer that style because I don’t like the PS in the PM size, the straps look like they don’t belong on that bag. I also don’t care for the PS because it’s everywhere and when I had my pochette Métis in monogram i constantly saw people who had the same bag and it bothered me lol. It’s personal preference though! I know a lot of people love the PS because of its durability and classic design.

Reactions: luckiegirl
View attachment 4878221I have both bags exactly as pictured. I feel they are different enough to keep both. I use the Montsouris BB like a crossbody bag mostly but like having the option to use as a backpack if I need to be completely handles free. When worn as a crossbody with the tie loose it gives me Petite Noé vibe which I love. I like the PSM for the more secured closure when worn as a backpack though. Not sure I’m much help.
Where did you get the rings to hook?