Vote on Leather Quality

Which Seigle has the softer/smooshier leather?

• Bonanzle Bag

• ****** Bag

Results are only viewable after voting.

Megan

Jan 21, 2006
Hi everyone,

I should preface this post by saying I am excitingly hoping to purchase my first Bal bag soon!!

I recently visited my local NM, and I really like the Seigle color. However, I've read both on here and witnessed/felt at NM the 'dry' leather that can sometimes be an issue with Seigle.

Therefore, I'm hoping to acquire one online, where I can hopefully purchase one with better leather. I was disappointed because at NM, the SA acted as if she didn't see anything wrong with the leather, so I had qualms about asking her to try and get a 'good leather' one for me.

Anyway, onto the main point of the post... of these two Seigle city bags for sale online, which seems to have the better leather? And I guess I should define 'better' for me - I love the soft, fluffy leather.

Now onto the bags!! Thanks for all your help :smile:

x

OR

http://hgbagsonline.com/cart/seigle-city-p-1103.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The one I got from BalNY was dry and the pic I took (and posted) looked fantastic and not dry at all. I don't think you can tell by the picture. There are more experienced women on this forum that might be able to tell from the pictures.
I would get one from a place that had a return policy like Barneys. HG Bags has a return policy (some fee though) and also you can email her and she will tell you how the leather compares to other bags. At least Corey at RDC will do this so I am assuming she will do this.

NM recently had a Bal bag shipped in from another store for me bc they only had a display bag for sale in the color/style I was looking for.
I am new to Bal so I can't tell by looking at photos, but like you, I was not impressed with the Bal leather I saw at NM

Last edited:
Hi, please do not post active auction listings outside the ATB and Finds threads, thank you :flowers:

The Balenciaga subforum rules also state, "Discussion of active auctions or private sale ads, including price and condition, is NOT permitted."

Oops, I am sorry, Jira. Thanks for correcting/editing the post for me.

Thanks for all the comments as well; it seems that pictures are not a great indication of leather quality but any opinions are greatly appreciated :smile:

No prob! I think if you ask for close-up pictures, you can see the texture of the leather better -- is it chewy, wrinkled, matte, veiny? The Reference Library's picture-only threads document leather variations really well. If you like soft, fluffy leather, I think you're probably looking for a bag with more distressing. The bags with matte, or more flat-looking leather tend to be drier IMO.

I think good pictures do help a lot. For example, I'd describe the leather on the below bag as soft and fluffy.

originally posted in http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-style-reference/the-balenciaga-city-139404-13.html
IMG_1811.jpg

Last edited:
I would probably go with the one from ******, everything I bought from her was really great, no complaints at all:smile:
Also I think if you mail her she might have multiples of some bags so she can tell you if she thinks it is dry or not.
Good luck on your search

^^ Agree with this. Ask Erica for pictures of the actual bag. Sometimes she uses recycled pics on her web site, but when you ask her if that is the EXACT one she has for sale, she will let you know. She'll email you pics of the one she has available if its not already posted.