Vote...Maxi Single Flap, Double Flap or Chevron

Maxi...single flap, double flap or chevron?

• Maxi with single flap ($3700)

• Maxi with double flap ($4000 not out yet)

• Maxi Chevron design ($????)

Results are only viewable after voting.
So my sales associate told me that the jumbo and maxi have been re-designed and will now have an inside flap just like the med/large and reissue bags have.

The new Maxi with double flap will cost $4000. The existing one is $3700. I want to buy a black caviar with gold hardware. Which one should I get????

Just to through something else in the mix, should I nix both and go for a black chevron design maxi instead? I like that it is less represented than the classic bags, but still looks elegant. Does anyone know the US retail price?

Thanks for your suggestions and votes!!!

Last edited:
I believe the current Maxi is around $3700, with the jumbo being $3500. With the last price increase, they decided to offer the caviars and lambskins for the same price. I would definitely go for the Maxi WITHOUT the flap. I have one in ghw and absolutely adore it! The double flap will most likely cut down on space, and with a Jumbo or Maxi, its more room that you essentially want right?

Last edited:
IMO, I don't think that an extra interior flap is worth $300, so my vote is for the current maxi with single flap. I'm a little biased though because I have the exact bag that you want (black caviar with GHW) and loved it and can't imagine having to access an additional flap with the number of times that I get in and out of it. It's an everyday bag for me, so the simpler the design the better! Plus, the chain indentations that inevitably affect all interior flaps of Chanel double flaps really bother me.

I don't like the Chevron so I voted single Maxi. The double flap will be heavier, that's why i prefer the single. At least I think I'll prefer it :smile:

The Chevron is much cheaper and was not affected by the recent August price hike. Anyway, either Chevron or maxi with single flap is good. Maxi with double flap is ok too but the additional price of $300 isn't really worth it imo.