Vote for the Winter 2008 RAOK Format

RAOK FORMAT

• One month with higher limits ($75-$125)

• Two months with low limit first ($25) and mid limit next ($75)

• Two months with the same limits ($50-ish)

• Give us a break, Voo...none of the above! (please suggest)

Results are only viewable after voting.
i like the idea of an RAOK that lasts awhile....like the Hermes thread has a FAB little RAOK going...people just send gifts whenever, little surprised here and there, nothing outrageous....like a cute little book or a box of someone's favorite chocolates....little continuous gifts that are thoughtful and very surprising.

I love this idea...but I think it'd have to be limited to just folks w/ a history of RAOK success. Perhaps.... this SPRING? :nuts:

Let me suggest that you contact Merika too who ran the previous RAOK during fall.

I did! Thanks! :tup:

I want to participate but I am in Canada. Do you think you could we could still be part of it? Maybe those in Canada could send to each other?

If there are people who specifically want to ship only w/in the country they live in I will have them tell me when they P.M. me to sign up. But don't do that until after we've posted the announcement of the RAOK (next week). :yes:

Hi All!! Thank you Voodoo and Cocogirl07 for taking up the task of running the RAOK this time.

Several problems that I ran into, which I will mention, and which I hope will make everyone aware of underlying issues that might crop up.

1. Some people simply did not send out a gift to their buddy. They did not respond to my PMs, did not send me tracking numbers etc.

2. The first month, everyone was prompt and enthusiastic about sending out their gifts on time. The second month, not so much - there were quite a few people who did not send out gifts by the deadline of the 15th, and who did not send me PMs of delivery confirmation.

For most people the RAOK was a wonderful experience, and I was happy to share in the joy. Several people seemed to be disappointed also. Some problems people had with the gift exchange:

1. Some people were not happy with the gifts they received, in terms of $$ value - they felt that as they spent a certain amount of money for gifts on a buddy, they would like a comparable gift in return.

2. Other people had issues that they sent out a Coach item, and did not get any Coach items as gifts. There was nothing in the rules that said that a Coach item had to be gifted.

3. People who received gifts did not post them on the thread in a timely manner, and it left the giver wondering why they did not even bother to say "Thank you"

Several times I felt that that RAOK was not a "Random Acts Of Kindness" but a "What Coach Item Do I Get"/"How Much is My Gift Worth" situation. Personally, it seemed to detract from the joy of giving, or performing an act of kindness for someone which I thought RAOK would be about.

So I humbly suggest that if you do join the RAOK this time, please do so in the right spirit. Try to brighten someone's day. Make them happy - make someone smile....and say thank you!

I am not sure about a solution to this issue but whomever is going to be running ROAK needs to do something about the people who sign up and don't send out their gifts. I was very disppointed with Secret Santa. I sent out my present to my buddy and I didn't recieve a gift at all. When I emailed the person in charge to let her know that I never recieved anything and was wondering what had happened, she didn't answer me back. Yes I am disppointed I didn't get a gift but even more aggravating was the fact that the facilitator couldn't take a moment to answer me.

I also noticed with Secret Santa there were an abundance of folks who just didn't post pictures of their received gifts.
Maybe there need to be stricter rules for participating in these events?

Unfortunately there's no real way enforce the rules. Sometimes people just aren't going to do what they say they will do and/or follow rules.

Personally, since this is a Coach forum, I tend to lean toward sending something from Coach w/ my buddy's package. But paying attention to what they put down on their wish list or doing some research into what they've posted on tPF lately can give you insight to sending them something thoughtful.

Please, all of you who plan to sign up: remember that someone out there is depending on you to follow the rules of the RAOK. If you don't think you can handle it for ANY reason, don't ask to participate.

I think, by and large, the folks on here want to participated correctly in the RAOK. Hopefully we'll have a good round. :tup:

I am not sure about a solution to this issue but whomever is going to be running ROAK needs to do something about the people who sign up and don't send out their gifts. I was very disppointed with Secret Santa. I sent out my present to my buddy and I didn't recieve a gift at all. When I emailed the person in charge to let her know that I never recieved anything and was wondering what had happened, she didn't answer me back. Yes I am disppointed I didn't get a gift but even more aggravating was the fact that the facilitator couldn't take a moment to answer me.

I also noticed with Secret Santa there were an abundance of folks who just didn't post pictures of their received gifts.
Maybe there need to be stricter rules for participating in these events?

I understand were you are coming from. Me and Voodoo will not let anyone participate who has less than 500 post (we may consider 400). Me and Voodoo are going to take this very seriously:smile:

Thank you

Unfortunately there's no real way enforce the rules. Sometimes people just aren't going to do what they say they will do and/or follow rules.

Personally, since this is a Coach forum, I tend to lean toward sending something from Coach w/ my buddy's package. But paying attention to what they put down on their wish list or doing some research into what they've posted on tPF lately can give you insight to sending them something thoughtful.

Please, all of you who plan to sign up: remember that someone out there is depending on you to follow the rules of the RAOK. If you don't think you can handle it for ANY reason, don't ask to participate.

I think, by and large, the folks on here want to participated correctly in the RAOK. Hopefully we'll have a good round. :tup:

:tup: