Tech Vizio Smart TV Problem

buzzytoes

Dog Chauffeur
O.G.
Jun 7, 2008
Google is not helping me so I thought I'd ask here. I just got a new Vizio E-Series smart TV and my Bravo app is not working. I am connected to the internet, Hulu works fine, I Heart Radio seems to work fine, but for whatever reason Bravo keeps saying the app cannot refresh. Anyone familiar with this issue or know what may be wrong? I only bought it for the apps, so it won't be connected to cable or an antenna.

Sounds like the problem may lie in the app itself. May need a developer update. Sorry I can't be more help.

The last thing I saw said that they pushed out this new version earlier in the year to fix the problem but who knows. I can't seem to find Bravo listed on anyplace like Roku, but I know they have an app for tablets so I am wondering why Vizio has it. Thanks for trying to help!

On just Vizio spying or the streaming devices spying? Those I don't know about but a quick Google search shows LG and Samsung smart TVs spy as well. As far as I am concerned it is the same thing as having cookies in a computer.

Yes all smart TVs keep track of what shows you are watching and if you are watching streaming shows. But VIZIO will attach the IP address which will personally identity you and there is no way to opt out of this. Other brands don't attach your IP address to the shows that you are watching or streSming on your smart TV