Vivienne Westwood Pirate Boots...which color?

Which color to choose?

• Black

• Yellow

• Brown

• Red Brick

Results are only viewable after voting.

Edna

O.G.
Nov 28, 2005
Today I became obsessed with these boots after seeing Frankie's gray slouchy suede ones over in the Bal forum. I'm trying to decide on a color for the leather ones and am torn between the 4 available. I wear mostly black tops, blue/black jeans, grays, blues. Which color do you think will go with the more things? Black goes with everything, but do you think it looks too "biker chick", especially if I wear it with black? And I usually hate brown shoes...but these don't look too bad. And I do already have a pair of reddish Frye boots. I hate making decisions!

Which do you prefer? :smile:

3298202256_f1cc880512_o.jpg

I would go with the brown or red, because with time, the buckles will get darker, and there will still be a nice contrast with the darker brown or red. The beige is too yellowish. Also, as the brown or red weather, it will look really nice and distressed, and a nice offset to black and blue pants.
Lastly, the brown and red, because they are darker, will look more appropriate if you wear them at night with tights or jeans, as they will look more "dressy" than the lighter beige pair. Hope that helps.

Honestly I think regardless of the color, these boots are going to SCREAM biker chick...or something like that. The straps look like they're too light with every color...I don't know something about them is just very strange.

VW pirate boots are not biker chick at all, they are classic punk.

Have you thought about the grey suede? VW call it grey but it's actually beige and are the same colour as the ones worn by Kate Moss and Sienna Miller. They also slouch much better than the leather ones do. BTW these boots are fantastically comfortable and look great with jeans or skirts

heartnaspade - The straps do look light....but I think they darken with wear, like LV leather! Example:

attachment.php

mooks - I love the gray suede ones but I think they would be too hard to keep clean.

marbella8 - You make some good points! I didn't think about the yellow ones being not as dressy for night.

Thanks for everyone's opinion! I think I'm going to think about it some more. In the meantime, I found another picture that might show the colors in a different light.

attachment.php

Attachments

• blackboots.jpg
    blackboots.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2,235
  • vwboots2.jpg
    vwboots2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,549
I know it's not one of your choices, but the grey one sounds like it was made for you. Since you wear mostly blue/grey/black the greys should go perfectly with your wardrobe. Plus the slouchyness of the suede makes it looks softer and less "biker chick" (Honestly these boots look more steam punk to me).

I understand your concerns about keeping them clean but they are more resilient than you might think and these boots aren't really meant to look perfect. The black pair above with the darker straps didn't start out with the same coloured straps as the ones you posted above, they were always darker. It would take a reasonable amount of work to get them anywhere close to that colour, and it wouldn't happen through just wearing them.

Of all the leather ones I think the ones they call yellow would suit what you wear best

the photo of all the colors (including suede), definitely the brown over the red (i had suggested red or brown earlier). i agree that the grey is very nice, but very hard to wear, because it can wash you out depending on your skin tone. best of luck!

I like the brown-although I usually always say black, I think that with the colors of the straps, the brown on beige looks best. The black with the light straps just doesn't seem to go.

I'll admit now how utterly JEALOUS I am that you are getting these-those boots have been on my wishlist for a LONG time.

Thank you for your input, everyone! :heart:

And thank you, mooks, for clarifying that the ones in the second photo didn't start out the same as the ones in the first post! I would have been disappointed, as I love that honey color and the black together.

meganfm, not to worry! You'll get yours eventually! :tup:

It looks like I'm in the minority, but I chose black (which could be because it's the colour I just bought them in, but who knows, heh). I don't think they'd look too 'biker' since they look nothing at all like classic motorcycle boots and the pale straps really soften their look. As you said, black does go with everything and I think that's very important when adding an item like this to your wardrobe.