Vitello Shine Hobo and shine wearing off... HELP

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Guest,
    If you've been around here for a while, you may know that @Vlad and I love a good April Fools' Day joke that we try to pull off yearly. Many times, our members forget and we get them, one time making everyone turn into Vlad, another year with a garishly awful new design, and another year no matter what button you pressed we alerted you that you requested your account terminated. It's always brought us such joy to have fun with you all, especially when we try to pull off a forum wide joke one day a year.

Continue reading...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought the Vitello Shine Hobo less than 2 months ago, and on the bottom corners of the bag the shine is wearing off. This doesn't seem right after such a short time. I have only worn it a total of maybe 2 and half weeks since I switch out my bags.

What should I do? What do you think Prada can do? Any advice would be great!

Thanks.

2. It also happened on my Vitello Shine Bauletto and there's nothing you could do about it actually. I just used a red marker pen to paint the part where the color came off. In the end I sold the bag and got my self the Prada Craquele tote. I think it's actually to be mean that way, the aged leather look, but if you don't like it, not sure what you can do about it.

3. Thanks, dangerouscurves... I didn't realize this was going to happen. It isn't very bad yet. I figured that there isn't much that can be done about it. I really love the bag, though, so I guess it is just the way it is.

4. OMG this is what im dreading.I just bought a vitello shine tote in argilla and im so scared it's gonna crack and peel like crazy like my cervo antik.I wonder if i should return it.hmm??

5. I have a Vitello Shine Hobo that I purchased in October...the shine is certainly wearing off a little at the bottom corners since I do tend to set it on the ground sometimes. However, it's not too bad since I typically am pretty hard on my bags. I've used this bag pretty consistently since I bought it, but since I'm still in school that's mostly on weekends. But I'm still surprised at how well it's done! Anywho, I wouldn't worry too much about the shine wearing off a bit because it really is a great bag and a little bit of wear gives it even more personality and an aged leather look, like dangerouscurves said!