Vitello Shine- Black....or is it?

pursegrl

O.G.
Apr 24, 2008
Ladies....I need some help. I know we have debated the interior leather on these bad boys, but I need some help with the exterior leather...

A couple weeks ago I bought a BLACK vitello shine tote at Saks. I've noticed more and more that this bag looks more NAVY than black.
All the tags with the bag say NERO, but I just don't know. I did see a dark blue/purple shade at NM a while back...
I went back to Saks this weekend to compare my bag to the other 'black' ones they had there and they were the same color and are 'black.'

Now in some lights, it's black, but it seems in most lights it is a dark navy.:thinking:

Anyone else noticed this or know anything about this???

BTW- I managed to NOT leave empty handed...I bought the Vitello Shine tote in brown...yes the same bag in a different color. What can I say, I'm a fan of the bag. And yes, this one is brown...for sure. :biggrin:

^ congrats on the new bag!!! :woohoo: i love that brown one too!

as far as colors go, if it says nero, it should be black. i know they have some vitello shine bags in zaffiro (midnight blue), i'm not sure if the VS tote available in that color or not...

Could be the Zaffiro...and they got the ID cards switched...take it back and get the black if you don't want navy...that Zaffiro really is pretty, but that would drive me crazy if I wanted black!! G-luck!

Thanks ladies. I'm thinking they may have switched the cards, but when I went back to compare, the only other 'black' one was the same color as mine.
The SA said that this was not the first time they had heard this...but confirmed it was black.
It's beautiful either way, but I was sitting on a black leather couch today and looked at my bag...it didn't look black.

My Saks only has navy and brown and my NM has the navy as well. If you want to compare, take a black bag from Saks and compare it to your bag in natural sunlight.

Don't you just love this tote? It's so lightweight, simple yet fun. It's so practical. I have a brown one and it's wonderful.

Yea, I'm thinking the cards got switched which wouldn't be the first time. I could have sworn that my Saks SA said they only bought the tote in brown and navy.

I feel like such an idiot.....I talked to another SA today. She confirmed that they did not buy the black bag. I got home and double checked my cards (which I could have SOWRN I had done before purchase) and sure enough it zaffirro. I really thought I looked at that, but guess I didn't. The SA assured me it was black and I guess I went with that. Inside the store, this bag really looks black, but in the sunlight it isn't.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time and thanks to all for all your help.
I guess this is an expensive lesson on paying attention and not trusting SA.

^^ that's a bummer... but i'm glad you got it sorted out... and it sounds like you're going to enjoy the bag anyway... :biggrin:

ITA - no trusting any SAs... some tPFers are probably more knowledgeable than most SAs... sad, but true...

I know...I've had to correct an SA or two for minor things, no big deal but it was comical to me.

pursegrl - you're not wasting anyone's time. So now I'm wondering if this bag was even made in black. I tell you what though....I would buy the navy too even though I have the brown, ha! It truly is a great bag and so dang comfy to wear.

^^Yes, it is a GREAT bag, and I really like it in the Zaffiro. I think that the NM website has it in black....double check though. I think you will end up really liking this color...I like how it is blue but so freaking dark!