Vitello Daino Tote

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, I'm looking to purchase my first Prada bag and wanted your help.
    The one i'm looking at is the Prada Vitello Daino Tote. I think I tried it on in the shop today (it was for Euros995 but not sure what the name was as I didn't check it in the store but googled Prada totes later). It seemed a bit big on me but I'm still not sure if it really was. I'm approx. 5ft, 4 inches. What do you think?

Does it only come only in one size? As i google the name various different types come up so I'm confused.

If i'm not mistaken both A and B in my post below look the same but have different dimensions... are they the same?
    A) http://www.senoracarterastarstyle.com/2010/02/miranda-kerr-and-prada-vitello-daino.html
    (Dimensions: 13 x 14 x 5)
    B) http://store.prada.com/en/US/woman/handbags/totes/BN1713_BBE_F0F16
    (Dimensions: L36, W36, H13cm)

Any help would be great. I'm vacationing in Europe right now and will be in Paris in next few days and am hoping to pick it up there. Please provide your insights Thanks ladies :smile:

2. i have one in black and i'm 5'2.5 short... i love mine and its the perfect size.

after converting b in inches
    a. 13x14x5
    b. 14.17 x 14.17x 5.11
    a is 1.17 shorter in width than b... i wonder if the Blog (A) just had a slight mistake in measurements... :thinking:

HTH :smile:

3. Hi @mahobad!

I have this style in metallic blue. Prada experts here, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's just one size for this style.

I'm 5'3" and i don't think the bag is too big. The leather slouches especially when worn using the sling, so the bag sort of hugs your body nicely. During times that I feel it's too big on me, like when I'm wearing flats, I push the sides inwards to make it seem smaller.:smile:

Hope this helps you. Happy Prada shopping!:smile:)

4. Ok so i found out its BN 1713 that I tried on. Is that what you guys were referring to as Vitellio daino tote?

5. Can anyone help me? I purchased a Prada vitello daino tote (BR4829) in Aug 2012. By January 2013 the strap began to tear. I returned my nearest prada store. The bag was sent away for around 4-6 weeks and when it arrived back the tear in the leather strap was not fixed. I left my bag at the store and received a call around 3 weeks later. I was told that if the strap is repaired the same thing will happen again and that the best solution was to totally replace the handle with a new style. I was ok with that however the style of handle offered to me doesn't suit the style of my bag at all (the offer was to replace with a strap that is nothing at all like the original). I seem to be going around in circles with Prada trying to find a solution. So far my bag has been in for repair for a total of 3 months and the expected wait on the leather to make a new strap is 6 months!! Has anyone encountered a similar problem in the past?