Vitamin C face products

vhdos

May 18, 2007
I did a search on this and found lots of info, but some of it was outdated and I know new products hit the market all the time.
I am 36 years old, normal skin, and used to be a sun worshiper. I started using an Obaji RX system for anti-aging and sun-spot reduction. I loved the vitamin C part of the Obaji system but the sun-spot reduction just wasn't working for me, which is fine.
I'd like to start using some good vitamin C products and not worry so much about my sun spots. I need some suggestions for a good day-time moisturizer and a good night-time moisturizer and/or eye cream.
My sister swears by Cellex-C but I wanted some more opinions before I invest any more money.
Thanks!!!!

^Try Revive...I use the whole line..my skin has never been better and I get compliments all the time...Like anything..it takes time..I've been using the whole line for about a year now and the improvements in pics are rather dramatic..it's pricey but def worth it..at least for me..

^ Yeah I don't see many posts on this line..I get it at Saks..I use lots of stuff from that line..I swear by it..really..and the products last a long time..so it's worth it for me..If I had to add it up though I'm sure I spend over $1000/yr ..but that's like $80 bucks a month..not too bad imo when I'm happy with my skin..I'll be 43 this year and my pores are GONE..I love it all!

Thanks again Emmy. I'm 36 and I just started to use good (expensive) products on my face. I wish I would have started 10 years ago! A good lesson for those of you who are in your twenties - start now!!!

Thanks again Emmy. I'm 36 and I just started to use good (expensive) products on my face. I wish I would have started 10 years ago! A good lesson for those of you who are in your twenties - start now!!!

:tup:
I totally agree with you!! Purchasing higher end creams has been a habit of mine since I was 25 (maybe even younger) and I will never regret it.. it's an investment worth making!!
One way I 'cheap out' is I'll have a jar of lower priced stuff like olay, or biotherm and use that on my neck! :graucho:
I've heard that cellux-c does wonders on your skin at well.. as for sun spots that are visible, maybe try some products with retinol in it?
I swear by day/night creams that have Vit.C, peptides,antioxidants etc..

Well....I've always been a firm believer in 'you get what you pay for'..but with skincare it's a matter of finding a line that works best for you..I am not one to jump on the bandwagon and put something on my face just b/c it's high-end and everyone else does it...My SA at Saks and I were talking one time about skincare and he asked me if I ever tried anything form the ReVive line..and it all started from there..so glad we had that conversation!!! The thing is most people are looking for instant gratification..I was looking for protection and prevention of aging..plus improving the tone/quality of my skin..these things take time..although I did see imediate improvement it's been almost a year now and it's AMAZING how my skin is now..I look better/younger now than I did a year ago..and that's worth it for me..If anyone is interested in trying the line pm me and I can give you the phone # of Christina--the Revive SA at Saks Bala Cynwood..she is PHENOMENAL!!! Always loading me up with samples and things to try...which is GREAT considering the cost of this stuff...I truly can't say enough about the line..I think some of the other high end lines are popular b/c of the hype surrounding it..not b/c it's great skin care...jmo of course..