Virtual lollipop to the math wiz who can help me figure this out! :)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm selling a bag on ebay, and right now there are 3 other bags at virtually the same price and same condition.

I want to be able to make my price as low as possibly to edge them out, but I can NEVER figure out what my keep will be after ebay fees.

So...I would like to pocket (after fees) $1,000

I want to do it as a bin- so here's what ebay says...they lose me after the 12%...lol...

12.0% of the initial $50.00, plus 9.0% of the next $50.01 - $1,000.00, plus 2.0% of the remaining final sale price balance ($1,000.01 - final sale price)

My paypal fees are 3.9%

So...what's the lowest price that I could list this with a bin, and pocket a total of $1000???

2. I had no idea ebay fees on ebay.com were so expensive, it's less on ebay.com.au

Anyway, to answer your question, I worked it out that you would need to charge $1172 (someone feel free to correct me!) BUT: This doens't take into account the insertion fees (or the fact you will have a paypal fee on postage). So charge a bit more.

3. no idea how different things on ebay.com are than here in AU, but have you included the gallery fees, listing fees etc ?

4. crap, i already have it listed for less than that. I hate ebay. :cursing:

5. Don't know if this helps you or not OP, but I calculated $1139 (not including listing fees / P&P / any paypal on P&P?) :hrmm:

6. omg, I am totally bookmarking those!!!!
    I ended up selling it yesterday on bonanzle, but I forgot to add the pp fees, and only got $985. LOL
    Oh well. :smile:
    Thanks for the links, those are awesome!

7. You can also type " ebay calculator" or "paypal calculator" into GOOGLE in addition to the calculators posted above.

8. If you list it at $1140, you'll have, after fees, $1001.24. But that doesn't include shipping.

ETA: Oh, crap, I see you already sold it. :Push: $985 is still good, isn't it? At least you sold it...these days it can take a while to sell anything...

9. wow the fees are so much higher then ebay AU!

Glad you sold it OP. you weren't too much under what you wanted for it!